Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about a seperate issue (http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269044) about turbo problems with this 94 blazer I just bought. I reference this because I was trying to run te Diag codes to see if anything came up.. there inlies my problem.

When I put a paperclip to jump A and B while the truck is off then turn on... The SES light AND the Service throttle sensor lights come on BUT stay on.. The SES light does not blink.

I was told a pre-94 mechanical injection pump was installed and because of this the cruise control does not work.. he gave me an explaination as to why.. something about since its mechanical now not computer controlled..

So does this mean my whole computer system is shot and is not being used thus not giving out any codes at all or what????

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
pretty much, yes. You need to fill out your Sig so we know EXACTLY what you have... here is what I *think* you have... a 1994 Chevy Blazer 6.5 Vin "S" converted to 1993 mech. injection pump, 4L80E auto tranny..... if that is correct just write that in your sig and save us some trouble. If you do have an auto, here is what it means, your computer is either pulled from a 1993 truck or was purchased as a stand-alone tranny control computer, so your SES lights are unlikely to be connected to anything real.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does that mean I cant ever read codes.. or when I have a problem with something my SES will never come on.. That sucks. Any way around this?

And what about Cruise control?

Thanks a ton for the help!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.