Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright didn't even get past the first step. The cover is different than what JK shows and I don't want to break something right off the bat. How does this cover come off?? Eric , anyone???

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eric,

I figured it out and there is a bunch different on my 03 gmc. Under the cover is only ECM, no TCM. The plastic covers on the back of C1 and C2 do come off if you squeeze the ends with a pliers but you have to do the same in the middle too. I also figured out that to take the blue plastic cover off the inside you can insert a little screw driver in the slots at the end and push in at the bottom to unhook it. But after all of that I hooked the wire to the green/white by the brake and no high idle. I read some where some trucks have to be reflashed to obtain this? Is this true or did I just screw something up? Anyway I quit for now it's 16 degrees out and my hands are froze.

Steve

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it warmed up today and in a better mood. Even the wife and dog didn't want to talk to me yesturday
. BUT after some checking I found out that the green/white wire on the harness above the brake aint got no power to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it is an auto trans thing. But for me it was the purple wire that had power with the brake off and no power with the brake on. Could be a 6 speeder thing. Maybe someone can look this up to get a difinitive answer. But rehooked up the wire to the purple wire and fired the girl up (knowing that all that I would see was a puff of smoke from under the hood and a dead Dmax) but wala high idle
. I know now why I would love to pay someone like Eric to do this kind of stuff but thanks to all of you and the information you have provided I was able to work through this even though a lot was different than what was said I had enough information from all of you to work it out

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Steve, glad you got it hooked up, my appologies as I didnt notice you have a 6 speed truck. I never even thought to look in your sig.. I suppose that those would indeed be different. I have yet to ever see one..

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts