Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Chevrolet Silverado K10 Diesel
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know the Moderator rules of this forum thread for the other diesels but for my Fellow Olds diesel fans I thought i'd do a quick lookup on eBay and see what they had for "NOS" Parts. It is on "Bidding" right now $30... or buy it now price $60 HELLUVA DEAL.

Maybe if anyone's looking I thought i'd share. NOS GM 22530768 Oldsmobile 350 5.7 Liter Diesel Head Gasket Set | eBay

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S I'm always on eBay looking for NOS parts... If you want something specific or anything in general private message me and I might be able to find it for you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
359 Posts
P.S I'm always on eBay looking for NOS parts... If you want something specific or anything in general private message me and I might be able to find it for you.
Hey bro od that lemanns a turbo. Built alot of those in Fremont GM back in the late 70s I did.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey bro od that lemanns a turbo. Built alot of those in Fremont GM back in the late 70s I did.
I didn't quite understand that... ?

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,418 Posts
Thanks for sharing 82Kbody👍
I’m sure it’ll help someone out.The GM head gaskets for that engine were made by Felpro also named printoseal and for me I never had much luck with those on any olds diesel I had at the time.

I found victor reinz and arp head bolts were the key to preventing blown head gaskets.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing 82Kbody👍
I’m sure it’ll help someone out.The GM head gaskets for that engine were made by Felpro also named printoseal and for me I never had much luck with those on any olds diesel I had at the time.

I found victor reinz and arp head bolts were the key to preventing blown head gaskets.
Ahhh interesting. I wondered why felpro doesn't make gaskets for the engs anymore. Too hard to find samples? I will look more later today. I find anything I can interesting.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,418 Posts
As far as I know felpro still makes the head gaskets for the olds diesel under part numbers 8983 and 8716-PT1.I contacted felpro maybe 13-14 yrs ago through email telling them about the problems I experienced with those gaskets and I explained to them about the circular wire ring on the underside of the gasket being thin and not being crimped at all to the body of the gasket in places.

They asked me to send a sample of an old felpro head gasket which I did and they told me they would make it worth my while.They received it and ultimately told me they saw no problem with the gasket and blamed it on the improper RA bite on the gasket which to me is complete nonsense...but oh well.It’s clear the underside of the gasket on a new felpro is not what it should be.At least that’s what I think.In return however they did send me four new head gaskets and a profilometer to indicate the RA rating for correct surface finishing.

I didn’t keep the gaskets they sent me.I gave them to a guy overseas I think with some parts I sold a few years ago.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as I know felpro still makes the head gaskets for the olds diesel under part numbers 8983 and 8716-PT1.I contacted felpro maybe 13-14 yrs ago through email telling them about the problems I experienced with those gaskets and I explained to them about the circular wire ring on the underside of the gasket being thin and not being crimped at all to the body of the gasket in places.

They asked me to send a sample of an old felpro head gasket which I did and they told me they would make it worth my while.They received it and ultimately told me they saw no problem with the gasket and blamed it on the improper RA bite on the gasket which to me is complete nonsense...but oh well.It’s clear the underside of the gasket on a new felpro is not what it should be.At least that’s what I think.In return however they did send me four new head gaskets and a profilometer to indicate the RA rating for correct surface finishing.
I've always used & well-liked felpro they almost always stand up to their items & honestly give something back in return. but I have used Sealedpower quite a bit too. I just ran across a 4.3L diesel sealed power gasket set.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,418 Posts
I also know the pencil injectors are hard to find.GM 22502367 is a part number for those if you can find some.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,418 Posts
👍

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Ronald Reagan fan