Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I am planning on buying a 4 inch exhaust off ebay. sold my ninco slot car sets. anyhow i asked a bunch of questions to the sellers on ebay. what will the cost of s&h be to my door ? what is the minimum inside diameter of the pipe ? what guage material ? what kind of metal ? will they supply a nafta certificate for duty free to canada ? which company is transporting it ? the response from bdpdiesel was insulting. IT WOULD COST YOU 150.00 TO SHIP TO CANADA.. in capital letters . nothing else !!! :rant: the others were more reasonable but did not supply near the info i asked for. would you buy a product no one seems to know anything about. maybe the people here were able to get answers to their questions and would post them. or now that they have an installed system they could answer the questions for the rest of us. what kind of system and what kind of life expectancy have you had or will get. 14guage, 16 guage and which is better. one supplier claims the 14 is better cause it's lighter but wonder if lighter means less thickness, doesn't that = faster rust through. maybe with all the answers i'll finally :grd:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
What does BD-Power offer since they are in Canada?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does BD-Power offer since they are in Canada?
you pose an interesting question, never considered it till now that the ebay seller bdpdiesel may in fact be bd-power diesel. if so i'm not happy with them YELLING at me. if they are not the same entity my sincere apologies. the thing is i sold my ninco slot cars cause i rarely played with them. made more than enuf to paypal an ebay seller for a 4 inch exhaust. train set up for auction if your'e interested. search bachmann superset track hopefully that'll git me some guages. :grd:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I am not sure if you guys have a place called 'competition muffler' like we do in Saskatoon.

I got an estimate for a 3.5 inch exhaust system (with mandrel bent 3 inch downpipe). The quoted my $425 installed and said it would take them less than 2 hours to do it.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
That's pretty good for Can. funds and installed!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
ED
Have it shipped to Letterlock in Sumas Washington. They will clear it for you cheaper.... Letterlock is in Abbotsford. www.letterlock.com
Call them for information, but I have used them and it is definitely cheaper. Sounds almost too good to be true.. But It works....

If you want to look at the Pinnacle 4" exhaust I have it on my truck. Luv it. They sent enough pipe for a crew-cab L-box with mine. When I bought mine a year ago or so BD power wanted $1100-$1200 for comparable. Dan

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well after much consternation i bought the system from warpspeed off of ebay. reason being is he gave a better shipping rate than anyone else. they can ship from alberta. also they have the x-over pipe no one else seems to have on ebay. hopefully i have not made an error in buying this system but will post thoughts once it gets here and installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.