Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading threads about installing the Eaton E-locker on the front diff. But my shop says that Eaton doesn't make an E-locker for the front end of a 2500HD. Did I misunderstand? Does somebody have a part number? If Eaton doesn't make this part are there other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
iirc the part number is 19622-010 :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
moss022;1580974; said:
what kind of shop is that?
not one that knows anything, E-locker for our truck have been out for years

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back ordered for YEARS?

That doesn't sound good.

Anybody have a lead on where to find one anywhere in the country?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I believe ZR1160 said they have been out for years, not that they are back-ordered for years.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
slick;1582211; said:
i believe zr1160 said they have been out for years, not that they are back-ordered for years.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
i got mine from macromotive.com back when they were back ordered. got mine in 2 weeks. dont know if they still deal with them. back in 05 i got mine for 612 shipped

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I dont mean to still this thread but my dad has a 2007 chevy and its a bit** to always have to change one tire so i was wondering if they have some kind of differntal lock for it something that if the one wheel turns a half or a full turn the other one will kick in and help out its a problem now so i can imagine what it will do when he gets that efi live in it thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the leads on distributors for the e-locker. For what's worth, Eaton's MSRP on the e-locker is $935. Summit had it listed for $925 on its web site and listed ship date as March 30. I started calling distributors listed on the Eaton site and after three or four calls found one in NY for $699. Everybody else I talked to was back ordered.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Is there anything else needed to install the E locker like seals or bearings that dont come with the e locker kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
pinion bearings i believe

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
ecc_33;1702814; said:
pinion bearings i believe
Anybody have any in stock?

·