Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all! I have a young 20 year old friend that has a very good looking lifted, customized 03 1500 Silverado. His truck always looks like he just waxed it. I found out he used Eagle One Wax As-U-Dry. I followed the directions on the bottle and I am extremely pleased with the results. I did go one step further and wiped it off after it dried with a clean terry cloth towel. I used about 1/3 bottle to do mine. I bought it at Wal-Mart for $4.47. Later! Frank

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Thanks Lone Eagle.
Later! hoot

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wax mine about once a week after I wash it. I was using a fiberglass product on it called Nautical Ease, which I've run out of and need to order some more. Since running out, I use the bright green Turtle Wax stuff (2001?). Takes about one hour to apply and polish out. Man does it feel and look nice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Of all the diffrerent waxes, coatings, etc., I've used over the last few years Klasse-All-in-one is about the best for ease of use and end results. You don't have to put up with all the Zaino Bros. bs system to get a good job done quickly. I use Griot's Speed Shine after washing and the truck looks "wet" when I'm done.

When it comes to waxing, I'm lazy and happy . . .

·
Registered
74 Posts
The older I get the less I want to wax. Having tried many different 'waxes' with varying results on other (smaller) vehicles, none lasted more than 5 or 6 months. With that in mind I looked for something that would last longer. I found and used "5 Star Shine". Guaranteed for 150 washings (we'll see). Applied it about 3 months ago and all is well so far. It's a little expensive but if it really lasts it will be well worth it.

Steve

·
Registered
489 Posts
Having driven a number of cars for over 40 years, I have washed and wax just a bit.

It was not until I bought a motorhome about 11 years ago did I know that there was a product that made waxing easy. Found out that there was a product better than Turtle Wax.

Two weeks ago I washed and waxed my 01 Suburban, and my 02 Silverado Dmax, IN 4 HOURS.

The product is called "ProtectAll", and you can buy it at any, or most RV Supply stores, including Camping World.

The instructions say if you leave streaks you are using too much of it. It is virtually wipe on and buff off. NO hard rubbing.

It is also a UV protectant, and makes you tires look like they just came from the factory. I use it on my dash, rubber gaskets, rims, tires, etc.

Love it and wouldn't think of using anything else.

ps: I get at least two years out of a treatment, and I live in CA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts