Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of an easily accessable parts fiche? I need a very specific part (the high side service port valve that screws into the compressor line/block on the compressor) and cannot find a P/N anywhere..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
the valve core itself? if so, and its bad your gonna have to pull it out anyway. So pull it out and check local parts places. I know most Pep boys keep a box of misc a/c o-rings, valve cores, seals behind the parts counter

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Schrader valve.........

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the actual valve assy you can unscrew from the compressor lines.. the O-ring that seals the pintle to the housing is shot,, Parts stores dont have anything (of course all they do is look in their computers)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
its not unscrewable from the valve body. if you all need pictures I can provide.

Update- found the PN - went to ACdelco's website and searched through their parts catalog /w pictures and such.. verified on an independent burban forum.. 15-5438 - called an evap tube service valve

·
Registered
642 Posts
You may wind up replacing the complete line.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Real easy to diagnose, since you so conveniently provided all the information on your truck, eh?

Be easier to help you out, if we knew which way you came in..............

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah yeah i know i forgot.. its a 96..

no, the valve body is removeable from the line, but the pintle is not removeable from the body.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I was mainly interested in R12 or R134 - either way, the fittings and o'rings are avilable from pepboys, 'zone, chief, etc black for 12, blue for 134, also Mr Goodparts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the local pepboys,autozone, and checker... none carried anything but the generic R12 retrofit adaptors. they had no 134 fittings of any kind.

·
Registered
262 Posts
you might check an AC parts dealer like..

Johnstone's Supply (spell?) that's where I got my adapters, even guages...

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Another member passed this on as being the correct p\n - GM Delco 52458184 hi-side pressure port.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts