Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm looking for a pulley for my buddies truck but can't seem to find it anywhere new. At Autozone I grabbed a pulley for a later (96) 6.5 that was damn near the same but I don't think it would sit on the pump the same. See the pics for why. Anyone know of a source for a new pulley or have a nice used one for sale?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Try GM part # 15589752 on google or ebay. The place i got mine from appears not to have any on the website any more but if you wanted to call them try Wheeler Fleet, i ended up getting 2 that were New old stock from them.

Reactions: floyd400

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I could be wrong but when you press the new one on just press it to where the old one was then stop the added part will not matter once tight..

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try GM part # 15589752 on google or ebay. The place i got mine from appears not to have any on the website any more but if you wanted to call them try Wheeler Fleet, i ended up getting 2 that were New old stock from them.
Found them on eBay, thanks!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could be wrong but when you press the new one on just press it to where the old one was then stop the added part will not matter once tight..
Someone at autozone said the same thing. Might work I don't know. I ordered a NOS pulley on eBay so I don't have to wonder about it being right.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
For a while I had a 350 gas pulley on my 1500. That was a bad mistake. Had it half way pressed on for the position. It slipped and ate the belt off. And killed the alternator by side loading the belt. That part number I posted when pressed all the way on put the belt in alignment

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Mine is bent can't find one anywhere. If anyone has seen one I'd be happy to purchase. There was one on eBay recently but it was an auction and I forgot to pay attention.... For now I have an O'Smiley special pressed halfway on with a bolt in the puller threads for insurance...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Mine is bent can't find one anywhere. If anyone has seen one I'd be happy to purchase. There was one on eBay recently but it was an auction and I forgot to pay attention.... For now I have an O'Smiley special pressed halfway on with a bolt in the puller threads for insurance...
I'm in the same boat, have not been able to find the proper pulley at any junk yards or on ebay. I'm curious if you could upgrade to the 96 and new pump and not have a need for the hard to come by pulley. I haven't read anything about people just swapping out for new pumps but I figured I'd ask. Maybe the brackets are different and it wouldn't line up anyway. Thanks for any info guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ended up getting one on eBay. There's a way to set up a search on eBay where it will email you when an item with matching description comes up. Go in there and set it up with that part number and......wait. I actually have mine sitting on the bench as I haven't gotten around to it yet and my hillbilly rigged one is working fine so far :)

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
154 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts