Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have trouble with the chrome on these,i'am on my second set and i think they are starting to pit again,i keep them waxed and its still happening,thanks

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Interesting, im looking at a set now, i'd like to see the response on this. Did eagle warranty your first set?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes,but i had to pay for mount and balance

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes my 114's chipped and peeled 3 months after new. Eagle said it was chemicals from the roads so to bad. I went with polished after that. It takes a little to shine them back up but at least I have a nice shiney rim when I am done. After the chrome chips you are screwed. I have been running my polished rims all winter.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had the same problem with the chrome 114's. I also had the super finished ones which didn't give me any problems. I kept the chrome ones waxed all the time and they still pitted. I don't have a solution to the problem. I went with different wheels.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Max Power and Duratothemax have both had the same problem IIRC

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Damn, that sux, those are sweet looking wheels but off my list now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just crossed them off my "must have" list also.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the super polish and they did it. I was going for the chrome and the dealer showed me a set they were warrantying and warned me to stay away

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I have the super finish as well. It's a pain to polish but at least I don't have to worry about chipping chrome.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My KMC's are doing the same thing only three months old:mad: I showed them to the dealer and he's checking to see what they will do. They have little chips and black corrosion spots -:t and I know its going to get worse.:mad:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
on my 2nd set of 114's and the are pitted and flaking again, and this set is less than a year old. And they flaked before they ever saw salt.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Has anyone tried the Moto Metal wheels? I've been contemplating a set and I've been wondering if the chrome is any better on them...

·
Banned
1,769 Posts
YEP!, the eagle chrome sucks. do not buy eagle chrome wheels!! im on my 3rd set in 1 year!! ha ha, the wheel dealer even threw american eagle wheel dealer book in his garbage can. when this set peels-pits-corrodes in three months, im switching to another brand!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts