Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rumor has it that a durmax has dynoed 680+ today and 1200+ ftlbs of torque............maybe if jess has time he can elaborate

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Ya, thats what i heard. We'll have to see what Jess gets............. there's no way he'll let Buck beat him
.............is there a snowballs chance????? Come with it Jess lets hear those numbers. Even if your bro got higher numbers we'll still respect ya.
Anxiously awaitin. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nah, I would never believe it unless Mac confirms it!!

Seriously, that sounds awesome, let's hear the numbers!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
BMDMAX said:
Nah, I would never believe it unless Mac confirms it!!

Seriously, that sounds awesome, let's hear the numbers!
Couldn't make it to NC long story involving Christmas,weather ,passenger and wife .....

Bottom line on Dyno'ing ,kick the tech II to the curb ,forget the 1 to 1 ratio and run her balls to the walls ......

if you can't beat them join them ,perhaps as early as Sunday this week ......

Take your correction factor conservative nature on a dyno and shove it where the sun don't shine .... You see my SIG awaits new numbers ,don't you ??

Mac
<=Big time .........Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
328 Posts
I sure hope that Jess makes big numbers. He puts as much effort into his truck as anyone I know. He is a great guy and I hope he shows everyone how it is done!

Mac,

Buddy, if you want to make some huge numbers we need to talk. Yes it runs good, but I know all these 6xx numbers are killin ya. If you want it, I can show you how to make it.

Quad

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehehehehehehehehehehehehh........gas

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Quadd...you're such a tease. Ok, Tell Jeremy to go feed the Camel and let us in on the #2 gig. I'm sure that injectors are part of the equation.....but what else? The Turbo is a bit bottled without the the "extra" Oxygen and "over square" can only eat so such fuel without timing detonation. What gives? How fast does Diesel fuel burn? These windows are really getting small.

Burner--------->

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I guess we're not gonna get any numbers until the 1/4 mile times are done.
Maybe Jess will write us a novel with the play by play..........hopefully with some vid. too.
The suspense is killin me. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
well it is done and in the books.had a great time with over 30 trucks in attendance.first off the top hp was not mine.i ran on the dyno first,and took four runs,i made small adjustmentson tuning on the first two,then the third,i added some drugs,i set the bottle pressure at were i have gotten the best track results,and went 583 and 1200.on the fourth runi added a bigger jetand the hp went up but the torque went down.lots there and waiting to go so i didnt pull a mack and got off with hopes of going again on sat.well when my brother went his #2 numbers were about 20hp higher,the difference in the hot 145 and the tranny destoyer.(i tried thwe 145 and 125 on the 214 and got about a 20 hp diff in hp)then when drugs were added a higher bottle pressure was used and it payed off.a 681 and flat 1200 were the results.lots of other runsand trucks.a twin dodge made over 500 and 900 severalover 400 a 6.0 went 346 556 with quads box.also for the ford guys who read this site a nopte for you a new 6.0 with the new tuned down software still promoting the old numbers went 212 and 338lbs of torque.the ho dodge smacked it ,unfotunately the 04 chevy didnt make it.on the raceing i was playnig with some stack combos to try to get the ets down on number 2.got a newcombo that works better on my truck than the quad 215 and hot juice 145,dont be all agast and call quad for new tunes if you have the 215 odds are you have the exact tune i am talking about.any way at the track while ttuning in i ran into some major electrical issues ,the truck would just spit sputter and cut off,the first time i thought it was attitude and engine temp related,but ,not real sure,quad and aaron will get calls on monday to try and help me fgure out what is going on.any way fastest time at the track was 12.43 by my brother not ssure on mph.track was slick as heck ,absolutely no track prep.i had next fastsest at 12.44 and was heading into the lanes for a run whick=h i felt really sure would turn some heads and my brothers truck began to have a few problems,well we made a deal if some one breaks the other doesnt go all out so we could ride home instead of hitch hike.did i mention a 20 plus mhp head wind down the track.now in closingthe correction factor was negligable according to the dyno operator i asked him to look.i have exact figure for those interested.mac? second i have by no means implied that the 215 isnt the most powerful on the dyno while stacked but that perhaps when on the track another of quads tunes with a good stack ran faster this weekend.i will try to get wayne to post the dyno graphs as i dont have a way to do it...jess

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sounds like ya had some fun. Very impressive numbers. So i guess the 135quad+145edge result in better numbers????? Hope your bros truck is allright. Too bad your tires wouldn't hook, cause i know you got faster times in ya.
Later Jeremy

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
Great numbers! Curious to know what the highest numbers were, if yours weren't! And was it the ho dodge that made them?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
highest numbers were made by a dmax,with similar but different setups.the bigggest diff in hp i think was based on nos pressure and flow restrictions......jess

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
So what were the winning numbers? What was he using to get the high numbers?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
supposedly I have two 215hp programs in my quad box but the 3rd tune runs better (faster) than the 4th tune. Maybe the third is a 155 or 165 and not a 215??? I also found the quad box doesn't run well with a restriced wastegate.

any propane used or just nitrous and programming on your truck or your brothers?Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i have 215 tunes as well but i didnt use a 215 tune at all on the track

,i did use it on the dyno,however.the winning numbers were like 681hp and over1200 on the torque.the highest dodge hp was like higher 500s hp and 900s tq,but thet were all on number 2.

as for the other questions about exact programs and lp and ...? it l cost you knowledge aint cheap.....

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I'll give ya a call and we can swap tuning, dragracing and dyno stories

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great #'s Jess. Sounds like you guys had fun. Is your brother still using the Tech IV?
Scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.