·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my flame suit on!!!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
NOPE, NOT GONNA BELIVE IT UNTIL SOCAL AND HIS PAGE BUDDIES HAVE DONE IT FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Did you use a tech 2 will dynoing????? Did you do a baseline stock run????? Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We could not scrounge up a tech 2 for the event. I had baselined my truck previously so that is why you don't see it on that plot.

Thanks,

BMDMAX

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
heartbeatcanada said:
Did you use a tech 2 will dynoing????? Did you do a baseline stock run????? Later Jeremy

Did you roll with the transmission in 4th gear commanded by the TECH II and the TCC Commanded "LOCK-UP" ????

I see the MPH is over 115 so I assume those are 5th gear numbers???

Just wondering aloud.................

T
NY

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
What was your previous baseline????? Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Previous baseline of 249.2. The Quad 215 gave every bit of the 215 advertised and then some.

The other two Duramax trucks there that day did baselines. They were both about 230 horsepower. Both of them were 03's and low milage so they were still pretty tight.

Mine was over 20K with plenty of break-in abuse when I finally got around to see what it was doing stock.

Lonewolf went from I believe 236.9 to 369 getting 132.1 HP out of the 125 Hot Juice.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
awesome numbers.........wish burner and I could have made it.....after my jaunt up the east coast last week, this week might have put me in divorce court
Burner blew out his back and has been down for the last few days..........great job the junta is proud.....dave

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
PEANUTGRWR said:
NOPE, NOT GONNA BELIVE IT UNTIL SOCAL AND HIS PAGE BUDDIES HAVE DONE IT FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh sh_t! here we go again!

*L* yeah i gotcha peanut... not my truck or dyno either, however he DOES have a dyno sheet so i will take it FWIW just like mine was

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, fire away. I reckon any one of us can shoot holes in dyno runs all day long, there are just too many variables.

I do know that I made 7 runs, not just one or two. All the other trucks there were spot on their normal numbers too.

The event was great and I would be there again in flash to meet the good group of guys. Dodge, Chevy, Ford, it did not matter, just a bunch of diesel heads having fun.

I will tell you this, I'll back up my 500 horses at the track any day with no drugs. I promise I will not cry and leave in a huff.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Well, Got Juice how's it feel to hit the Forum Lotto ....??

I mean you came in with a sweet number on a stack and everyone questioned you like you we're OJ's gardener ...

BMDMAX (no disrespect) Takes a stack just about everyone has including me ,winds his truck out to 117 MPH no Optic Sensor, no OD lock out,no tech II for one to one , fuzzy math equation, lays out a 515 more then the same stack with DRUGS in Connecticut a week ago and gets a "At 'a' Boy, good numbers" from the Jaunta .....

Might as well went around the block with a G-Tech ....

Sh*t that gotta sting ..... What do you guys have to say for your self ?? Where's the equal judgment ??

Kennedy's boosting some ridiculous torque number in the other thread .... Gheeeesh .....

Hey that's the WAY I SEE THE DYNO NUMBERS .....

I guess if BMDMAX realizes his numbers are HIGH well then this is mute .....

Told you stick around Got Juice,it's about to get interesting ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mute means to say nothing, I think you meant moot, cuz you certainly are not mute

Jess

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mac,

It's the sweet Georgia air that makes the numbers better, no drugs necessary.

I knew that we would not find anyone to show with a Tech 2. Short of one of us laying out a couple of grand it just was not going to happen.

I asked the question a few weeks ago about dynoing in 5th and what it would do to the results. I am perfectly happy to question my own results, that is the only way I can make the truck better. How about one of you guys with the Tech 2 dynoing the same stack in fourth and then doing it in 5th for a comparison? Oh, by the way the GTech is pretty close to my dyno numbers too.

Like I said earlier, let's put them on the track and see how it shakes out.
Would it make you happier if I put on my sig "515 HP Pretty F%$#^&IN far from Stock" ? LOL

No matter what you guys decide I can still take the heat.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kind of reminds me of what David (the Dyno operator) said while we were there......

"I can't tell you how many 500HP cars or trucks that I have put UP on the rollers on my dyno but I can tell you how many have came DOWN.
"

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
jesshd said:
Mute means to say nothing, I think you meant moot, cuz you certainly are not mute

Jess
Yea yea ...

But I'll bet mute may come in handy before to long ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Big D,

I'd put those two up on my "dyno" any day.......

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
BMDMAX said:
Mac,

It's the sweet Georgia air that makes the numbers better, no drugs necessary.

I knew that we would not find anyone to show with a Tech 2. Short of one of us laying out a couple of grand it just was not going to happen.

I asked the question a few weeks ago about dynoing in 5th and what it would do to the results. I am perfectly happy to question my own results, that is the only way I can make the truck better. How about one of you guys with the Tech 2 dynoing the same stack in fourth and then doing it in 5th for a comparison? Oh, by the way the GTech is pretty close to my dyno numbers too.

Like I said earlier, let's put them on the track and see how it shakes out.
Would it make you happier if I put on my sig "515 HP Pretty F%$#^&IN far from Stock" ? LOL

No matter what you guys decide I can still take the heat.
Honest no doubt you "rolled" that number ... Point is, is it an accurate RWHP ???

My questioning is about how one guy gets a pass others get the trash, I'm wondering if these fellows ran out of gas ....

No one seems to want to make up their mind to conservative or flat out no holds barred Dyno numbers ... I guess it matters "who" it is ....
My experience with OD dyno'ing HP drops Torque comes up ..... Again yours being mathematically figured with wheel speed and non OEM tires made a difference ... One to One ratio is most accurate reading TC locked,then make appropiate corrections ....

Mac

Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some pics:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.