Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took my truck down to the dyno today and it pulled some pretty good numbers. I have a 2004 LB7, K&N intake and Edge with Attitude. Everything else is stock.

Stage 3/5
HP- 321.7 @ 3000 RPM
Torque-566.9 @ 2900 RPM

Stage 5/5
HP- 376.8 @ 3000 RPM
Torque- 669.4 @ 2900 RPM

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
See my sig for mods and dyno results of those mods:

:ro)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
those are some good numbers is the edge all you have

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you should put a exhaust on it and then run it again and see if gained you anything some people say you want gain much if any

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that was going to be my next step. Prob just bring the EGT's down and sound a little different.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Is it okay to run the Edge on level 5 with a stock tranny?

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you have Suncoast, otherwise your stock trans won't last long.

Bill

·
Registered
681 Posts
Doesn't that seem low for 5/5? Stock rwhp is about 242, so that's 135 hp gain when Edge claims 150. I thought they were renowned for "conservatively" estimating HP on their tunes.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I thought Edge Claimed 125 on Hot Juice.

Bill

On Edit...Just went to Edge website, and sure enough 350 ft lbs and 150hp. (for 04 LB7, 120 for LLY)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Doesn't that seem low for 5/5? Stock rwhp is about 242, so that's 135 hp gain when Edge claims 150. I thought they were renowned for "conservatively" estimating HP on their tunes.
what they claim and what you get are two different things. you could have 2 of the same trucks same mods same miles everything the same and one truck could and will make more power than the other so what one claims doesn't mean you will see the same results

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
OneBlackZ28 do you have a upgraded trans also

·
Registered
886 Posts
150 is hot,125 is regular juice that is only if you have the attitude. This is with the LB7.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My number are from the wheels. And it is a stock trany. I just looked at my records on the monitor and it shows 15% backdown...I haven't checked them since I did the pulls.. I set my EGT's up so it must have been Trany slip. Also he did the pull starting at 2200 RPM to keep it from down shifting. I am no up to date on what the starting RPM should be but I thought that was a little low.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've ran my 01 with Edge/attitude on 5/5 for about 30 to 40k miles and haven't had any trouble. Just avoid 5th gear roll ons trying to blow smoke. Also avoid full throttle application in level 5 if at all possible. Use your head and you should be fine. For any more power I would definitely recommend at least a trans go and single disc converter.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you would be making alot more power if you didnt have that 15% backdown that lowered the numbers some

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.