Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, we are planning a Duramax/Dyno day here in Grand Rapids, MI. There will be thousands in prizes, hog roast, lots of performance demo's, venders for accessories, and much, much more. The DHRA will be bringing the Dyno up and they will be represented as well. The address to the event is :

Todd Wenzel Pontiac GMC

2727 28th st

Grand Rapids, MI 49512

I have made arrangements with the "Sleep Inn" here locally to give special room rates for that weekend. I hope all that are in the Great Lakes area can attend, I promise you wont be dissappointed.

Here is a flyer in PDF format about the event:

42C_TWDURAMAXFINAL.pdfEdited by: Diesel Power

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks! I just started a post last night to enquire about the information. Have you read it? And can you give us some information on camp sites?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked for campgrounds and cant find any that are with in 20 minutes that will be open that time of year. There is one that is close to my house, about 35 minute drive from dealership, its open till Nov 1.

Dutch Treat Campground

features pull through sites, 90 full hookups, 20,30, and 50 amp service. Phone no. (616) 772-4303 The address is not listed but if you call and reserve with them, they can give it to you for Mapquest or something,

Directions to it: I-196, take exit 55 (Zeeland). Go west 2.7 miles on Chicago Dr. (Bus I-196) and turn left on 104th st. Hang another immediate left on Gordon St and campground is right there on the right. I will post other sites if I find something convienent and close that is open that late in year.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks dmaxallitech!

As I mentioned in my other post, I thought that most camp grounds would be closing around that time of year.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Dmaxallitech,

I'm still hoping to come the 11th, supposed to go to a wedding

Do you know what times that events are scheduled for?? Looks to be about a 3 hr drive or so, gonna try to make it.

Mike

·
Registered
754 Posts
By the way, way cool forum. Good job to those who set it up. Looks like the free market system is gonna put the pressure on the other pages to improve quality.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
VFRRider said:
By the way, way cool forum. Good job to those who set it up. Looks like the free market system is gonna put the pressure on the other pages to improve quality.

I wouldn't hold my breath, unless your other job is a Diver

Welcome to the forum.

T
NY

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well I've got the ball rolling for the 11th. Something could come up, but so far it's a go for me to show up.

I'm interested in some details on what's going on though. Mainly the hours of operation for this GTG.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rick, The event is going to run all day, we will kick it off at 8:00am and run till dark, hog roast, should be ready to eat around noonish. We will have many venders on hand, including Kennedy, he will bringing some power with him to show off on they dyno. I also will have the local glass company fixin stone chips, the paintless dent guy will be on hand pullin dents, But mostly just a bunch of gearheads and there families having a good time talking diesel.. No real schedule to speak off. After things wind down, those that are interested can all meet at a local watering hole for some adult drinks. I think Sunday morning before out-of -towners head back, we could meet for breakfast. There are large malls and shopping nearby for the family to enjoy should the smell of diesel not entice them. There is also the Fredrick Meijer gardens a few miles away with lots to see. Plenty of things to do for the family if they chose to come. Its looking like we will have a good support from forum members and it will be great to meet alot of the people we chat with here. I look forward to meeting all of you that can make it for hopefully one of the finest events.

Eric

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
This is looking like it may be the biggest turn out of all the Duramax get to gethers. I plan on being there with my wife.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Actually, I'm just going to try and get some free stuff

Seriously, I hope my plans come together that I'm able to make it and that it's a large turnout. It'll be nice to put some faces to some of these names.Edited by: Victory Red

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Well it's official! I have reserved a room at the Motel for the 10th and 11th of Oct.

I thought I'd find out where this place that dmaxallitech works, so when the time comes for a new transmission, I'd be able to find him

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:
I fully expect 150-200 trucks, which would put us in the 300-400 people range!

All I can say to that is WOW!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Something seams to always come up, As of right now, it looks as though I will not be able to be there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow is Right !!!!!!

I personally know Eric to be a Great Guy. I can't wait for Dyno Day to

get here......

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Any of you guys out there coming in from MT WY CO NE or the Dakotas or even passing though any of the above? If so, please drop me a line.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some updates fella's. Discount tire is going to set up a booth and will bring some wares to show off, they are located right next door so if you have any thing else on your mind, they are near. Scheaffer oil rep in area wants to prove his product on the dyno, will run a truck with good oil, ie, delvac, drain and install his oil, he says 3-5% power increase.. will he eat his words??? Find out!

Mike Tomac mentioned going to the drag strip friday evening for some testntune for those interested.

I hope all of you can make it to the finest Randevous in the country!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.