Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive always been good at installing stereos and stuff but now ive been reading and holy $#!t!!!
i have an 05 duramax w/ every option in the interior they could get it has the 6disc changer and stuff.
my question is in our 04 suburban we had nav. we never used it but it was cool having a touchscreen deal.
Can i put that in my duramax but not use the gps and instead have it play dvds? i read about using sirius instead of xm and ill prob do that. can i plug in an ipod deal behind it and have it read my ipod?
im assuming it wont have rcas so will i just have to use one of those splitters deals to run my subs. Will i be able to run aftermarket components and amps for my doors?
Where did you guys get the factory nav setup anyways? ebay?
sorry bout the novel but you guy's knowledge overwhelmed me more than i thought it would. :)

Thanks!
Cody

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i thought some people have done this mod before? i was mainly just asking if that is able to play dvds?

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I have it done in my truck . It is a bit tricky as you need a video interface and a audio one . look in my garage and see pics. Pm me if you have any questions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts