Diesel Place banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
To get that much of a increase with mileage, me personally I would be very skeptical with the quality of the tunes, nor would I trust Duramileage tuner on my Dmax.
Just how long will the engine last :confuzeld, especially with what you noticed.
There are still a few good EFI tuners out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To get that much of a increase with mileage, me personally I would be very skeptical with the quality of the tunes, nor would I trust Duramileage tuner on my Dmax.
Just how long will the engine last :confuzeld, especially with what you noticed.
There are still a few good EFI tuners out there.
That is exactly why I removed it and went back to stock. Detonation is never a good thing. Diesel or gas.

Can you tell me more about your comment "there are still some good EFI tuners out there" What does that mean? Is EFI an open code type thing where individual people write tunes for our trucks?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
It’s more like companies that specializes with EFI tuning for Duramax and Cummins.
I really would NOT want to trust tuning from anyone that doesn’t tune for a living.
My comment on, there are still a few good EFI tuners out there is because the EPA has gone on a rampage fining companies that offered delete tuning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well...I bought one. Installed it and my truck ran like ****. Throttle would not maintain a even position. Could not use cruise as it would hammer down, let off, hammer down, let off. Of course it was all my trucks fault. (Its got 50k on it and runs like it should!) Sent the tuner back as the owner said to. No money, no calls, don't answer phone, text, or messenger. The guy is a piece of **** outright crook.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Well...I bought one. Installed it and my truck ran like ****. Throttle would not maintain a even position. Could not use cruise as it would hammer down, let off, hammer down, let off. Of course it was all my trucks fault. (Its got 50k on it and runs like it should!) Sent the tuner back as the owner said to. No money, no calls, don't answer phone, text, or messenger. The guy is a piece of **** outright crook.

If you want an awesome tune with no empty promises, gimmicks, etc get in contact with me and we'll get you set up.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I have had many experiences with Kennedy over several trucks, all GOOD, He will make you happy and your truck will run great !!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts