Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the advantages of this programmer or should I go with the Banks six gun... I'm not really looking for a lot of power, just trying to get a little more power. 04' with lb7

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
non attitude juice is the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bully dog pup works great

Geno

·
Registered
281 Posts
I still have not found a better deal than the Hypertech Power Programmer III. You can find it for under $300 and it has 3 settings. 40hp-60-95hp(I think). It workes really good. My father in law has one and believe it or not, my truck with the edge is not that much faster.

Jesse

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
White Duramax

why wouldn't I want to get the Duramaximizer for a first box or one that I want to run everyday?? I'm not disagreeing, I really just don't know (I'm new at this diesel thing and power setups)... please explain, thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
A duramaximizer is a fuel pressure box, it raises the rail pressure, which is where the injectors get fuel from. It is already at around 22,000psi stock. The Duramaximizer raises this a couple thousand. Some say this puts increased wear on the engine, who knows though? It does definitely make my truck rattle more, like a ford or dodge, even at idle. Almost all other boxes/programmers are the pulse width/timing type. The make the injectors, inject fuel longer and increase the timing. This seems to the best and safest way to increase power. Most of them do not increase engine noise. I only use my Duramaximizer for stacking uses. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
White Dmax, thanks for the info... that helps a lot

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just put one on for my boss's 3500. I wasn't that impressed by it. Install was very easy though.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Does anyone know how much the Duramaximizer raises fuel pressure compared to the Banks Six-Gun?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I just picked one up off Ebay, anyways I am planning on towing with it. Is this a bad idea??? I haul a 3000# Camper and a Sea-Doo, not a big load compared to some of you guys out there but thats a heavy camper. Anyways let me know what ya'll think. thanks.-Jeff Edited by: wsucowboy

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I doubt it would hurt anything to tow with, egts seem to be really good with the duramaximizer.

·
Registered
989 Posts
i was more concerned with the injectors.... Has anyone had any problems with those?? while towing?? thanks -Jeff

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
70 rwhp is all I could get from mine and much less with a big stack..........my truck will be sold with it when the time comes.........major pain in the ass to remove.....maybe my hands are just to big.......guess its a good thing I decided against gynecology as a profession

·
Registered
989 Posts
did you ever have any injector issues? did you run your dmaximizer cranked all the way up??

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
no issues with it.......the early on issues with this type of box were a leaking fuel rail pressure sensor.....but that was with the bully dog power plug. I bought mine to stack with........90 hp juice is by far a better deal......by far

·
Registered
989 Posts
I had one, it was givin me some problems so i sold it, shouldnt have but oh well, hindsight is 20/20. anyways, i am gonna stack this and eventually get the new edge/attitude combo, I need to change my tire size and have heard good things about the new edge/attitude. thanks for your help!! -Jeff

·
Registered
115 Posts
if you want a power difference you can feel definately stay away from the duramaximizer. IMHO, the thing is worthless unless you are in need of pumping up the fuel pressure for stacking reasons. I also think it may contribute to leaky injectors.

For something you can feel get the TTS or the Egde Juice. The juice blows the hypertech out of the water, so i have no idea where they got those numbers.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
sdaver said:
70 rwhp is all I could get from mine and much less with a big stack..........my truck will be sold with it when the time comes.........major pain in the ass to remove.....maybe my hands are just to big.......guess its a good thing I decided against gynecology as a profession

DAVER DONT EVEN THINK OF MOVING IN ON MY "FREE-LANCE" GYNOCOLOGY PROFESSION

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Camstyn said:
Does anyone know how much the Duramaximizer raises fuel pressure compared to the Banks Six-Gun?

I've noticed that the "actual fuel rail pressure" during WOT is about 3,000 psi less than "commanded fuel rail pressure" with the Duramaxamizer turned up to max. So my guess would be that it is lying to the PCM by 3,000 psi. I think stock is 23,000 psi....with Duramaxamizer..26,000 psi. Which I believe is where Banks said the safe limit was. Hope this helps.

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3071&KW=six+gunEdited by: Trippin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts