Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to install that today but since I don't have the necessary parts to do the Fuel Valve Modification I was going to wait and get the shim kit and the race valve. Will I benefit from doing this or do I just need to do the shim kit? I am getting a lift pump here in the near future and I was reading that it would not hurt to install it (race valve) in addition to the shims, is this correct and has anyone else done this and I just could not find the reading on it???

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I just read that I can just install the race valve. It that the shim kit already installed in a valve basically?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
GMC2500HD;1600963; said:
Ok so I just read that I can just install the race valve. It that the shim kit already installed in a valve basically?
You can use the race valve or shim. The race valve blocks off the prv 100%.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I have the full race valve like Kat said it blocks return 100% you can also geta ported front supply fitting from PPE.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can probably get away with running just the shim kit. I wouldn't recommand running the race valve until you absolutly need it, shim kit will still release fuel if need be, the race valve won't release any fuel.

·
Registered
425 Posts
GMC2500HD you can get the performance rail that comes shimmed with a race valve. I think the ports on this rail are bigger too, but I might be mistaken.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
They dont have a rail for the LBZ just the LLY

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ripmf666;1601132; said:
They dont have a rail for the LBZ just the LLY
Well that is what I was thinking too and I don't need that much more fuel right now, but I will get the race valve and be done with it, that way I don't have to mess with the shim kit..

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kat;1600985; said:
You can use the race valve or shim. The race valve blocks off the prv 100%.
Thanks, that is what I want to do, no need in fuel going back, going to need it eventually.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
GMC2500HD;1601143; said:
Thanks, that is what I want to do, no need in fuel going back, going to need it eventually.
Wendy so far is doing fine with neither done :D

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I did the race valve after we screwed one of the factory valve up with the shim kit buddy put it in the vize jaws and mared it and you cant just buy the valve have to buy the hole rail from gm and its 365 buck lol,

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ripmf666;1601477; said:
I did the race valve after we screwed one of the factory valve up with the shim kit buddy put it in the vize jaws and mared it and you cant just buy the valve have to buy the hole rail from gm and its 365 buck lol,
That is the reason I am just going to install the race valve, it is already done.

I know that some have good runs without installing it but knowing my luck I will have codes and issues so I am just going to keep that from happening.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
LOL not sure if its the fuel and cold weather i'v started getting the p0087 again above 110 was able to hit 125 easy before.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would think that might be the weather. I know that I don't have a need to go that fast but I guess if you can why not...

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Install the lift pumps. You have to run em anyway. Then drive the truck and see what it does. No reason to thow parts at a "fix" if your not sure you need it. JMO ;) :)

I also wouldnt feel comfortable with a completly blocked pressure relief on a driver.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ratlover;1602518; said:
Install the lift pumps. You have to run em anyway. Then drive the truck and see what it does. No reason to thow parts at a "fix" if your not sure you need it. JMO ;) :)

I also wouldnt feel comfortable with a completly blocked pressure relief on a driver.
Ya, was thinking about that last night too.. Might just wait see if it throws codes.

Why would you not feel comfortable running that valve on a driver out of curiousity??

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
The thing completly blocks it dosnt it? Why get rid of a pop off valve if you dont need too? Whats the likelyhood of needing it(low I'm sure) or what would happen if you did have an issue? I duno....I'm not an experty but I dont see why you need to block the lil guy? If your valve is weak then get a proper spec'ed one or bring yours up to spec or the high side of the spec.....but to just pitch it? I duno. But like I said.....I'm not an expert.....just an average joe with little understanding how things work but just dosnt get a warm fuzzy feeling by eliminating what an engineer designed into a system as a safety feature. I duno though :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts