Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas i just baught a duramaximizer and it was off an 01, and i have an 03, will it not fit? I just read something that said it wouldnt fit and im just ganna ask on here, and is their anyway i can send it off to ppe and they make it fit or anything?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
You'd want to ask PPE that question. Some of the early Maximizers did not have the boost reference if memory serves. You'll know it by whether it hooks to the boost sensor or not.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I think its the other way around the 01-02 hooks into the MAP sensor, while the 03-04 doesnt. I think all you would have to do is unplug the MAP sensor plug and you will be good to go but Kennedy is right give PPE a call and confirm.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Actually, (if memory serves) the MAP reference came about after someone (wonder who?) pointed out to them that the APP voltage doesn't change/move on cruise control. Since the Maximizer is/was using APP as sole reference at the time...

I haven't installed one in a LONG time now though so things could have changed again. I don't know that it ever did anything on cruise anyhow.

Looks like the it's in the image for the 2001-2004

1 - 4 of 4 Posts