Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this installed today by the fellow I bought it from. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and I'm confident he did a good job but for some reason it's not working, at least not that I can tell. I had the Juice plugged in at the same time when we were done, and I stopped and unplugged the Juice part way home. I couldn't tell any difference from stock, whether the dial was on min. or max.

Also, my oil pressure gauge is at 0, although the oil level is fine. It's not completely dead, it moves when I start the truck but rises and settles on zero.

When we were plugging in the white connector under the dash there was already one plugged in there. I don't know what it was for, we unplugged it and plugged this one in. Everything seemed to work fine although I didn't notice the gauge.

I tried unplugging the connector and putting the original one back in, and in the process I bumped the speedometer wire out of its connector.. Now I had no oil pressure and no speedometer. The speedometer was easy enough to fix, I plugged the red wire back on but I can't for the life of my figure out why my oil pressure gauge is reading zero, and why the duramaximizer doesn't seem to be making any difference whatsoever power-wise..

The Juice hauls ass by itself which is why I didn't really notice if the maximizer was working properly at first.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
On the plug under the dash, it is very easy to get mixed up and get it in the wrong one. It is the second to last one. Under the bolt that sticks out. You should be able to tell some difference.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was only one place that it would plug in, which was on the top right. The pins don't match any of the other slots.

To add insult to injury, right after making this post last night, I went out to go meet some friends for beers. Well I backed out of my driveway, put it in 2nd and realized my gas pedal was completely dead. It would just idle.

I unplugged the white connector and plugged the old one back in, and the pedal was fine. I tried plugging the duramaximizer connector in again and the same thing happened, dead pedal.

Any chance the junction box might be different for '03 which is why I've got it plugged into the top right slot on mine?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I would check to make sure you actually have oil pressure before driving it anymore!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a beginner question for you, how do I go about doing that? I've checked and double checked and triple checked the oil level on the dipstick and it's right where it should be, no diesel smell. I can't imagine what could be wrong with the actual oil pressure, which is why I'm thinking it's electrical. I'm going to completely uninstall the duramaximizer today and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the setup (that 3 pin connector under the intercooler pipe is a PITA!) and oil pressure still = 0. I checked everywhere for loose connections and everything seems fine, but at least now I can let the dealership fix it. I think it's the sending unit but we'll see.

If I can seriously have 0 oil pressure with a proper oil level let me know before I do some damage.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Camstyn said:
If I can seriously have 0 oil pressure wth a proper oil level let me know before I do some damage.

Yes you can absolutely have 0 oil pressure without low oil level. I wouldn't even so much as start the truck if I were you. seriouslyEdited by: Max Power

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
"(that 3 pin connector under the intercooler pipe is a PITA!) PURE PUNISHMINT....

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
<H1>Oil Pressure Diagnosis and Testing</H1>
<TABLE width="100%" border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TH vAlign=center align=middle>

Step</TH>

Action</TH>

Yes</TH>

No</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=center align=left colSpan=4>

DEFINITION: Low or no engine oil pressure indicates a potentially serious condition with all of the engine mechanical components. Once the cause of the low or no oil pressure condition has been identified, repair all collateral damage to the engine mechanical components as well as the initial cause of the condition.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=center align=middle><A name=S01>

1</A></TD>
<TD vAlign=center align=left>

Check engine oil level. Use only the GM service parts brand and recommended grade of engine oil specified for the vehicle.

Is the engine oil level between ADD and FULL on the oil level indicator?</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>

Go to Step 2 </TD>

--</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=center align=middle><A name=S02>

2</A></TD>

1. <LI =1>Operate vehicle until engine reaches normal operating temperature. Refer to Engine Mechanical Specifications .
    <LI =1>Park vehicle on a level surface.
    <LI =1>Wait (15 minutes).
    <LI =1>Check engine oil level. Use only the GM service parts brand and recommended grade of engine oil specified for the vehicle. </LI>

Is the engine oil level between ADD and FULL on the oil level indicator?</TD>

Go to Step 3 </TD>

--</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=center align=middle><A name=S03>

3</A></TD>

Operate the engine and measure the engine oil pressure with the vehicle gage or light. Refer to Engine Mechanical Specifications .

Is engine oil pressure within specification?</TD>

System OK</TD>

Go to Step 4 </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=center align=middle><A name=S04>

4</A></TD>

1. <LI =1>Remove the oil pressure sender or engine block oil gallery plug.
    <LI =1>Install a mechanical oil pressure gage.
    <LI =1>Operate the engine and measure the engine oil pressure with the mechanical oil pressure gage. Refer to Engine Mechanical Specifications . </LI>

Is engine oil pressure within specification?</TD>

System O

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the bulletin Max Power, good info. I'll put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on it before I go to the trouble of getting it towed to the dealer.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Just for reference, the oil psi sensor looks to use the same plug connector as the fuel rail psi sensor. A reach here, but if he plugged into this sensor instead... The correct sensor is below the compressor outlet, so you should see the brown twisted pair heading down to the valley there...

Early Juice modules lacked a couple of wires that were added to '03 trucks. These boxes wiuld give the same results as you are seeing, AND the gauge operation would not resume until the code was reset. Not sure if there is an automatic reset programmed in for this fault, but clearing with a tech 2 would be best.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks John, good info, that makes sense. The Juice is in fact a 3.2 that I was actually going to get upgraded today. If that's all it is I will be relieved..

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
THAT my friend is the entire problem in a nutshell. Add 3 the wires, clear the code and away you go...

·
Registered
915 Posts
I had the same things happen with my duramaximizer.. At one time, the oil pressure went to zero, and I also experience a "dead" pedal.. The dead pedal happened first.. I shut the truck off, disconnected the plastic connection, plugged it back in, and then started the truck.. It would then work.. When my oil pressure went to zero while going down the interstate with the cruise set on 75, I dicided that was enough for me.. I disconnected it on the side of I-75.. I then checked everything with my predator, and reloaded the usual program.. I started the truck, and never had those problems again.. The dealer I bought the duramaximizer from was very willing to work with me and let me send it back for a store credit (4'' exhaust).. I couldn't really feel a difference with it either.. It It did smoke like a train though...

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
A guy down the st from me has one. He took me for a ride and it seems like about 60 ponies more when dialed up. Not as fast as my hot juice.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just found out that the Duramaximizer is different for 01-02 trucks and 03-04 trucks. I've got the one for the 01-02 trucks which is why it doesn't work on mine, and cause of the dead pedal. Sounds like it was the same thing for you Morse.

I can get it updated for my truck for $50 at PPE but I'm just going to sell it to someone that can use it as-is. $360 in the For Sale forum or it'll go on ebay shortly.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Camstyn said:
I just found out that the Duramaximizer is different for 01-02 trucks and 03-04 trucks. I've got the one for the 01-02 trucks which is why it doesn't work on mine, and cause of the dead pedal. Sounds like it was the same thing for you Morse.

I can get it updated for my truck for $50 at PPE but I'm just going to sell it to someone that can use it as-is. $360 in the For Sale forum or it'll go on ebay shortly.

01-02 trucks only .......hmmmmm anyone try a 3 chip stack lately?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Yea, I have tried it before, only thing that happens is, tach goes up, speedo stays the same, smoke comes out, boost starts to build, and the turbo chugs when you let off because your stock tranny sucks and is slippin!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts