Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be really slow...

I just found www.duramaxdiesel.com

This is a really great site dedicated to our Duramax engine. After reading through all of it, I am ready to go out and buy another one.
It makes me proud to own one. I am going to go out side and give her a big

It is really east to get cought up in the bitching and bad crAAp...but the bottom line is...the Duramax is a kick-ass engine.

Ok, I am done, everyone back to what you were doing...nothing to see here!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Great site...they just need to update the hp and tq specs.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Gradyghost said:
Great site...they just need to update the hp and tq specs.

How about updating to the LLY, or is that what you were thinking?

It is a pretty interesting site tho...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I sent them an email recommending a couple of questions for addition to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section (as a result of reading this forum, of course).

I received a reply from General Motors, telling me that if I had problems with my truck to contact my closest GM service center. (WTF!?...)

Sometimes ya just have to wonder...

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Bizarre. Look under trailering on that site. The 3500 has less tow capacity for a 5th wheel than the 2500HD.

Seem a little strange to anyone but me?

·
Registered
183 Posts
McRat said:
Bizarre. Look under trailering on that site. The 3500 has less tow capacity for a 5th wheel than the 2500HD.

Seem a little strange to anyone but me?

It makes perfect sense if you consider the whole set of ratings. Both trucks have a 22K GCVWR. The 2500HD's weigh less and therefore have more room to play with before they reach the maximum GCVWR. With that being said, there aren't any 15K+ fifth wheels out there with a low enough pin weight to stay under the payload rating of a 2500HD.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NCMax said:
I sent them an email recommending a couple of questions for addition to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section (as a result of reading this forum, of course).

I received a reply from General Motors, telling me that if I had problems with my truck to contact my closest GM service center. (WTF!?...)

Sometimes ya just have to wonder...

That is funny, the questions must be there very own 'Frequenty Asked Questions' and not the ones of real owners/buyers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts