Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GMC 2500HD Duramax with about 13,000 miles Friday when I went to got to work put the key in my truck waited for the glowpugs to cycle the truck cranked but did not fire. Tried A couple times and had to call the dealer to tow it in there are still working on it to figure out what is wrong siad after they charged the battieris it started right up. Called today to see id it was ready now they are telling me they have to change thwe pump. By the way the water pump crapped out after 5,000 miles.

PS i have attudie and juice madule but rarly use it

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully they can get you up and running soon. What year truck is it? an 02 or 03? Had it been running fine before this occured? Did you refuel before this problem occured? Did you run any additives? Did you have any added filtration? Ever change your fuel filter? If you haven't changed it, when you get the vehicle back I would change it right off the bat and cut it open to see what it looks like. It would be interesting to know what was wrong with the pump if the dealer can tell you how he determined it was the pump. Low vaccum? or low pressure to the High Pressure Rail Controller Valve?( don't know if thats the proper name off the top of my head). Sorry for all the questions, just makes me wonder when I hear of a failure on these truck what might be the cause if it's not defective.

Best of luck and please follow up on this post. Fran

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 03. I had about 3/4 of a tank of fuel I use Sunoco fuel from a smaller gas stastion but they just added the diesel pump and tanks last year so the sestem is all new. No I have not changed the fuel filter and do not have any other filter system. Should have the truck back tommarow with more info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts