Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what frame the 2500 Van's (Savanna/Express) use? Is it like a "light duty" frame like the 2500 Suburban and 1500HD trucks have? Or is it a true 2500HD frame like the 2500HD/3500 trucks?

Ben

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am sure that it is a design of it own, but my '04 G3500 w/6.0 has a payload capacity of nearly 4000 lbs., so I don't think they are "light duty".

·
Registered
628 Posts
BTW, how much do you know about the electronics in the vans? I was thinking of installing a nav system into my van.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2500 vans have a 8600 GVWR, and so does the 2500 Burban, so thats why I was wondering...

As far as the nav unit in a van, I dont see why it would not work...you will need to buy an external aftermarket amplifier and a PAC AOEM-GM24 adapter to make the aftermarket amp work. You will also need to buy a NON-lux nav unit. Finally, you may need to wire up a Class II data wire to the radio harness...im not sure if the base model radios in the vans include the Class II wire in the harness... But otherwise it should work.

Ben

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the fact you were wondering about 2500 vans, not 3500's (I didn't think that the Duramax would be offered in the 2500's). I did notice that the 4.8's have 225 tires standard, and the Duramax comes with 245's (probably just for the extra engine weight).

Thanks for the info about a nav system. Thats is about what I thought, and probably wouldn't put that much money into a work truck.

·
Registered
687 Posts
COMPLETELY different frame. May look similar in some aspects (which truck frame doesn't), but they are not the same.

HTH.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome thanks Nassdmax...I knew you'd know!

Are the 2500 van frames more similar to the 2500HD trucks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts