Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just saw a comercial for the new Dodge and the add stated that they have 600 ft. lbs. of torque. The only place I can find torque listed for the Duramax is in the sales brochure and it says 520 for the (LB7). No mention for the LLY. Any help

·
Registered
21 Posts
the LLY is 590 ft lbs of torque

·
Registered
204 Posts
The LLY is 590 ft-lbs with the Allison, and 520 ft-lbs with the ZF.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
And those are fly-wheel engine stand #'s. Ask ford how they advertise the highest hp rating but somehow only produce 230 at the rw, the lowest of all three big guns.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all that responded, the info was very helpful.

Harley99

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
From the stock trucks running on the Dyno that I've seen they put out about 235 - 245 Hp at the wheels and about 405 - 425 ftlb of torque.

With a Hot juice they go up to 365 hp and 685 ftlb of torque.

But thats LB7 hopefully we will see some LLY this summer at the Dyno with a box or two.

Diesel Dragon

·
Registered
134 Posts
If we test our trucks without the CAT, how much do you think the torque would go up?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Hot Juice is Edge product.

There original Juice was 90hp and then they came out with the Hot Juice which was 125hp and now I think with there new in cab controller there up to 150hp. Super Hot Juice I guess

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Where can I get the torque in high gear specs in writing? According to the dealer I bought new truck from today this info is incorrect. I will be upset if my new truck does not make advertised power in high gear.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Its on the gm site

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
dpower said:
Its on the gm site

I have searched their site and can not find it. I also picked up the latest brochure yesterday and it says 590 with the Allison.Edited by: RickDLance

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think JB is correct.

I've done a little searching on the power restriction thing in two gears with the LLY. I can't seem to find it right now, but it seems to me I've seen that somewhere. I think that's part of the reason you'll see the new Allison line up with higher HP and torque numbers they've announced. Unless you're drag racing, there's not much need for max power in first, and fifth is the weakest gear on the Allison.

Even Edge posts numbers showing the max torque the Allison can take is substantially lower in fifth than the other gears. IIRC, it's something like 25% less in fifth gear than in second, third and fourth.

I may do a little more digging today and see if I can come up with the source...

Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
JB,

That's not an article I had seen, but it's a great write up on the LLY and talks about the power restriction as well as the other changes in a very clear non technical way.

Thanks...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I second Zeeb.. Thanks for a great article!!

Quick question.. Other than noise reduction, what purpose does the "dead space chamber" have?

Wonder if it reduces performance any (With a turbo it probably doesnt but what about otherwise, in a normally aspirated engine?)

ram

·
Registered
2 Posts
4500 lly, nice looking truck! Is it an allison or 6 speed? I'll be interested in what it weighs once you have it outfitted.

My company may need to upgrade to this sort of towing rig, our trailers keep getting bigger and heavier. All of our rigs are manual trannies, we do about 50K mi/year at 20-24K gcvw.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts