Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started like so......

My sons friends decided to race their tow vehicles last week and the smack and trash talk was posted all week on DFWSTANGS.COM. Some had new trucks, some with old, but all were talking crap. So I think hm.......call the son and say you want some of that; Oh yea ....the rules were the truck had to have a hitch and be rated to tow 5,000lbs. I should have said "lets make it up Pikes Peak"

Results; We ran a 9.1 at 76mph and the closest truck to us was a Nissan Titan with a 10.1 at 69.7 mph. Fords and dodges were behind that. Seems these guys knew little about the duramax, with the exception of a Ford dually powerstroke.

The looks on their face and the comments is why we spend the money.(wife thinks I'm warped)

Don't know how to show the link, but the most memorable comment by the Ford Powerstroke man I might add;

"That #[email protected] diesel was faster than most of the (stock)mustangs there, it will be a long time before any of us call that damn thing out again"

( Now for more power, before they bring in a ringer)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
if i could shift my dually worth a damn i would have made a pass or two. i am pretty sure i can beat those #'s but if he wanted to run it from a punch, say 40 to 60 i am willin. and right in the middle of the dfw area, i work right beside the ballpark in arlington. mike

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gunracer1 said:
if i could shift my dually worth a damn i would have made a pass or two. i am pretty sure i can beat those #'s but if he wanted to run it from a punch, say 40 to 60 i am willin. and right in the middle of the dfw area, i work right beside the ballpark in arlington. mike

I knew the offers would come pooring in. ha

·
Registered
49 Posts
which track did yall runn at? i have been meaning to hit kennedale on a week night just to see what it would do. i could just take off in third and only have to shift one time for the 8th. i think i can hit 80 or so in 4th.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gunracer1

We ran at Denton last Friday night.

Thats gotta be a quick Dodge ya have. Are you saying you have a standard and will take off in 3rd gear and you should be able to run 80 mph in the 1/8th mile ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
that is what i am hoping for, but it is a dually ex cab 4x4 so it is a heavy pig. if i ponyed up the money for a dual disk clutch it would be pretty easy to do i think. but i can't just hammer it off the line right now, the clutch won't hold. but i can come out of the hole pretty decent in third but i have to feather it and stay light on the fuel till it locks up good. the bad part is this clutch is supposed to be good to 550 hp. last dyno was 397 and 917 but i have added 40 or 50 more horses since then. i haven't run into a stroke or dmax that would run with it on the highway punch. but i know my day is coming, there is more hp running around dfw every day. but i have another turbo sitting in the shop that i need to get bolted on, that should get me well into 500 rwhp. not bad for a old dodge with 237k on it. hey if yall do it again, give me a call 817-819-0268, i will see if i can get up there. mike

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will keep your info Mike. Sounds like your truck will run strong once you get movin.

The guys I ran with last Fridaynight are DFWSTANG posters (website) and friends of my son. Thats the first time I have seen them GTG for trucks. I will let you know if they do it again. I have only had this truck on the track twice but what a blast.

Last fall the Texas area diesel guys did get together in Royce City for a dyno day. I was out of town though. Some of those guys had big HP numbers. I think Quadzilla, vender in Ft. Worth, took home the braggin rights there.

Watch the posts,

Greg McCall

·
Registered
49 Posts
i was there, and quad's truck was damn impressive with it hittin 620 or so with just a nitrous shot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ok it looks like we are heading to kennnedale wed night. i will do a few runs just to see where the heavy pig falls.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Post up how it goes.

We need to have another diesel GTG like before in Denton.

I hope to have a few suprises

·
Registered
49 Posts
i can't go to the track tonight, i forgot it is my youngest girl's birthday, but we will be going next wednesday night. plus it gets me a little more time to get some more guys on board. mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
ok i know there are some more chevy guys around the dfw area. i have a few guys all ready, but would like to see some more. and don't worry about being the quickest, quad may show up. and i here is truck is 700 plus right now. my clutch is starting to slip worse but i am still going to run it. if any needs directions, call me 817-819-0268 mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.