Diesel Place banner
1041 - 1054 of 1054 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can only answer the questions I know, but the recirculation wire does not need to be connected to anything. In fact on gasoline motors when you use the PCM to control electric fans that pin in the PCM gets repurposed to trigger the high speed relays, and the vehicle side the wire is just left to hang.

I used the entire column, but then had to change out the clockspring and air bag because the vehicle had two airbag sensors and the donor had only one.

I have seen others just swap the shifter and the detent plate.

·
Registered
2001 3500 Duramax
4 Posts
I can only answer the questions I know, but the recirculation wire does not need to be connected to anything. In fact on gasoline motors when you use the PCM to control electric fans that pin in the PCM gets repurposed to trigger the high speed relays, and the vehicle side the wire is just left to hang.

I used the entire column, but then had to change out the clockspring and air bag because the vehicle had two airbag sensors and the donor had only one.

I have seen others just swap the shifter and the detent plate.
That helps a good bit, so i don’t need to find that circuit on the vehicle side to put into the C100 plug that goes into the engine harness? Now the only other plug I’m dealing with is the old throttle harness from the 8.1, most of them ended up going to the C100 but four of them. I’m assuming a lot of wires just won’t be used for the Duramax

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nope, that wire can just be taped off.

Was your old engine drive by cable? I'm pretty sure those wires will also be able to be taped off, as the diesel engine won't need them.

Without a wiring diagram I couldn't say for sure. Mine was drive by wire so there are a lot of wires that weren't there. IAC, and cruise control wiring etc...

·
Registered
2001 3500 Duramax
4 Posts
Nope, that wire can just be taped off.

Was your old engine drive by cable? I'm pretty sure those wires will also be able to be taped off, as the diesel engine won't need them.

Without a wiring diagram I couldn't say for sure. Mine was drive by wire so there are a lot of wires that weren't there. IAC, and cruise control wiring etc...
Yea mine was drive by wire, how did you mount your pedal? Since the brackets aren’t there anymore. And I’ve tried getting wiring diagrams and help from others that have done this year swap but help seems few and far between lol

·
Registered
2001 Yukon XL LB7
5,298 Posts
Yea mine was drive by wire, how did you mount your pedal? Since the brackets aren’t there anymore. And I’ve tried getting wiring diagrams and help from others that have done this year swap but help seems few and far between lol
i just got my 01 going i havent messed with the cruise control yet but i only had to connect 3 wires
Wait to start
Yellow class 2 wire from the plug with only two wires
And a purple which i think is for transmission tcc

·
Registered
2001 Yukon XL LB7
5,298 Posts
What if anything do i need to do about the A/c high pressure switch that is on the line from the condenser to the firewall the suburban line has no pressure switch on this line

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys/gals I have a 2005 duraburb I’m working on donor was a 2006 silverado 2500hd 120k miles I’m using a 2005 suburban 2500 model need some help, Does anyone know of a place where I can get my Duraburb double tanks programmed so that they both work? Thank in advance 🙏

·
Registered
2001 Yukon XL LB7
5,298 Posts
Hey guys/gals I have a 2005 duraburb I’m working on donor was a 2006 silverado 2500hd 120k miles I’m using a 2005 suburban 2500 model need some help, Does anyone know of a place where I can get my Duraburb double tanks programmed so that they both work? Thank in advance 🙏
It can be set up with Efi Live I used duramaxtuner but most tuners should be able to do it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys/gals I’m doing the Wiring and I am stuck……. I have asked a few people for help but haven’t gotten an answer, I’m having a hard time finding the black/gray wire from the ECM bundle, where is this located? And when I do find it how do I connect?
I made a sketch of the Wiring per the comments I have read, but please correct me if I am wrong, I appreciate any help you guys can share
Handwriting Rectangle Font Slope Gesture

Circuit component Hardware programmer Gas Electrical wiring Electronic component

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Registered
292 Posts
10 months of buying parts and a truck then about 5 weeks of work....rebuilding the the engine and replacing everything with new parts added so much time and money. Id use a low mileage drivetrain and just install it next time and it would save tons of time. 2007 suburban with brand new built LMM, built trans, new transfer case, new front and rear ends. I got caught in the rain before I could get any clean pictures. Up next new wheels and tires and new paint.
Hood Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you get this taken care of? I can send you a link to a tune that has this working. Did you also make the wiring modifications to enable the rear pump?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I finally had to go through emissions and registration here in Phoenix. Had a couple guys at the emissions station get nosey and try and cause issues. They contacted the motor vehicle department and got my registration changed to diesel pretty easy, but then they failed the vehicle and made me go to the waiver station for a full vehicle inspection.

Luckily the guy doing the inspection at the waiver station was really cool and he really liked the truck. He asked a couple questions and 10 minutes later I'm out the door with a passed emissions report.

It's been 7 months since the conversion and without a doubt the best modification I have ever made to a vehicle. Now when I travel for work and get brand new rental cars, (and pretty decent ones at that) I still look forward to coming home and driving my truck again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, I was screwing around doing some routine maintenance and pulled the air filter. The donor truck already had an S and B cold air intake. Well when I pulled the filter I noticed the housing has a fairly large hole with a gasket that is pressed up against the inner fender well. There is only 2 small holes in the fender for that area.

So I took a sharpie and traced the size and shape of the filters port. Then I took a plasma cutter and cut out the sheet metal.

Now, I haven't dyno tested the difference or anything, but I swear it made a substantial impact. The 2 small holes must have been choking off my intake and/or it was pulling hot air from the engine compartment from between the gasket and the fender.

Do the diesel fenders have those holes cut larger? My donor vehicle was so damaged in the front that I never looked.

1041 - 1054 of 1054 Posts