Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well mine is nowhere near done yet, (but will be on all 4's again this weekend!!) I also read all your posts and they definetly motivated me to do my build.

Mine will be used as a daily driver, tow machine, grocrey getter, kid taxi, all around fun machine

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm acually right in the middle of doing my fuel system ringht now. I used both the burban and the pickup sending unit and made 1 out of 2. Mine where in bad shape (rust) but I thing i was about to get it good, (going to install them this weekend) With your direction, I too am using a gravity feed system, I used bulk heads from a race car fuel cell, for fitting in the tank, I was thinking i needed a large hose to feed the front tank, so I used #16 fittings, very expensive, but I already had them lying around from my drag car... can afford the #16 line to go from fitting to fitting, so i'm going to use 1 1/4" fuel hose...hoping to have this all done this weekend, I'll update some pics of what i did on the build page next weeek

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes I still kept the factory fill plumbing as well, I might look into a smaller transfer line. I still havnt drilled any holes. Hmmmm.

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
well Boisebiker, I ended up ordering #8 (1/2") fitting for my transfer line. Got it all installed today, going to post some new pics in my thread.......

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
I used Earls fittings,#8 which is 1/2" there fuel cell bulkhead fittings, just drill hole, put it through and tighten nut... real simple

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
I understand what your asking with the 1500, but I thought I'd just say, if your going to use a 1500 body on a 2500 frame, there is 3 body mounts that are different. the holes are in the floor pan, but the nuts are not there. I ground a opening big enought to slide a 12mm nut that I had welded to a peice of flat bar 2" long up inside, then tack welded the flat bar in place once I lined the nut up with the hole. Worked well

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
I had my ECM tuned with just a economy tune, by "Idaho" Rob, and its a perfect tune. I drove from Ontario Canada, to Orlando Florida and back. no trailer, but loaded to the roof. I got 23 mpg on the way down, and 25 on the way back. Couldnt be happier! Kinda wish I'd spent the extra money on a DSP5 switch but o-well

·
Registered
586 Posts
For anyone looking for the reverse rake body spacers, I have mat'l in stock and can machine you up a set if interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk

Todd

·
Registered
586 Posts
Use the ecm from the donar, and yes you can change the Vin in that ecm to match the BCM of your Suburban with EFIlive, Not sure how your emissions are where you are, but up here in ontario canada, once you change the ownership to say diesel, they just do a idle/visual light duty diesel test.

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the exact combo, I did 4" magnaflow turbo back, efilive by idaho rob, and I'm getting 25 mpg on the highway

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Use efi live to change the VIN in the computer to match the bcm vin (VIN of truck). it will start right up.

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
the selector light is a yellow wire at the c100, makes sure it got proberly connected to the yellow wire from cab. I made this same mistake when I rewired Durry SS's escalade

SKippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Man that messes with your head when you first look under the hood. Everythings all backwards and stuff.....LOL

Good work, looks great...

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mines coming up on 2 years, My wife drives it everyday, have put 35,000 km on it and couple months ago we bought a 31 foot travel trailer, that will keep it busy this year for sure.

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Theres also a small body manual extend mirror as well, a little diffrent then the ones pictured. I can post a pic if you like, I have a set here.

Personally Iv used them all, the smaller power extend ones I think are the most effecient mirror there is, other then up here in the north then always end up seized and never work, the white metal corodes badly

BUT I love the look of the taller manual ones, which I have on both my trucks :cool:

Skippie

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow just read that article 91 M5, now I want one. sounds like it'll do everything a real one can. You can even update it thru GM

Skippie

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey Guys

Just wanted to take a minute and recap my resent trip to florida, Acually just got home yesterday, family and I had a great time, the weather was a bit cool, 15-24 degrees all week, but that's a long way from the -31 we got to experience when we got home... Yukon did awesome as usual. averaged 23MPG, with 6 people and all our stuff running 70 mph most of the way.
We ran into a small snag on our way down, once we got to the florida border the front right wheel bearing decided to **** the bed. We were able to limp it the rest of the way to our place in Orlando. Once I found my cell phone, I was able to call Eric at Duraburb and beg for his help.... Eric was more then helpful and set me up. I drove up to his place where he had the new wheel bearing waiting for me. I felt bad taking him away from all his builds so I convinced him to allow me to change it myself, after he showed me where his tools where at, I went at it and had it changed in no time, Omost felt like a Duraburb employee for the day. lol.
I cant say enough about what it ment for his help, its a bad feeling being that far from home and having issues, but Eric made in a pleasant experience.
After a couple hours of chit chat I was on the road again, I just wanted to say Thanks again to him and the staff at Duraburb. with all his help on here and now in person.

Todd

1 - 20 of 77 Posts