Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
I thought it was time to start a club since I see them all over the place. If there is already a club going please let me know(I want in) so we don't reinvent the wheel.

This club is for owners of Duramax powered Suburbans/Yukons/Takoe/Escalade SUV trucks. It will be permissable to join if you owned one but have sold it since you paid your dues. I would like to hear stories of how your builds have gone, what mods you have performed, what you use your rig for and just general information about being an owner of one of these jems.

I choose to not start myself at #1 because there are those that have gone before me and deserve the honor. I will try to keep the list updated so we can keep track of who is a member and the next available number. For now I think this is a pretty exclusive club but I hope in the future it will grow.

We will not allow bashing others, heckling from the crowd, or other disruptive postings. If you are not an owner but wish to be some day then please feel free to post here. If you do not like this form of conversion and think it a waist of time then please keep those comments to your self or post them elsewhere.

1-(tbd)
2-(tbd)
3-theTDIguy
4-tractornate
5-Boisebiker
6-thefermanator
7-testdrive
8-Skippie
9-Bravo98
10-gr8gnzo
11-cdn111
12-madspeed
13-Ztov
14-hwood
15-geowindow6768
16-coloradomtnman
17-HaaRubicon
18-96Sub
19-Alaska av
20-xyz12383318
21-gmac32
22-fastmnstealth
23-91 M5
24-Durry SS
25-yukonmax
26-rodder55
27-toy1985
28-strokeit355
29-MagYukon
30-ChiTown
31-dragracer637
32-diggy
33-elcaminonut69
34-MichaelPrichard
35-mellc77
36-CRAWLER HAULER
37-greygorilla
38-LB7DuraBurb
39-EFI_GUY
40-mrman151
41-shopcatjeff
42-Esteinbrenner
43-roadking00
44-hunterhd590
45-2003avalanche
46-

·
Registered
7,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I thought it was time to start a club since I see them all over the place. If there is already a club going please let me know(I want in) so we don't reinvent the wheel.

This club is for owners of Duramax powered Suburbans/Yukons/Takoe/Escalade SUV trucks. It will be permissable to join if you owned one but have sold it since you paid your dues. I would like to hear stories of how your builds have gone, what mods you have performed, what you use your rig for and just general information about being an owner of one of these jems.

I choose to not start myself at #1 because there are those that have gone before me and deserve the honor. I will try to keep the list updated so we can keep track of who is a member and the next available number. For now I think this is a pretty exclusive club but I hope in the future it will grow.

We will not allow bashing others, heckling from the crowd, or other disruptive postings. If you are not an owner but wish to be some day then please feel free to post here. If you do not like this form of conversion and think it a waist of time then please keep those comments to your self or post them elsewhere.

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-Boisebiker
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Hey Boise,
You need to edit and put your link for your write-up. You also partly to blame in mine for my have a Dmaxed Burb, because you did yours without two post side lift and that is where I got the idea that I could do it.
I think I may have seen one about two years ago, but not sure as I could not catch up to it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well my build was by no means the first as I was fortunate to have found another one crammed into a GMT-400 just down the road from me to look at before I tackled mine(He's not a member here, but is over at the page as well as another one in a 90's BURB). Mine is pretty basic, but took me close to 400 hours to get it all done the way I wanted it.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?10142-95-SUBURBAN-to-a-01-DURAMAX-ALLISON
Through the years you have contributed a great deal to the forum. I guess I have read all your posts and I thank you for your involvement and wide knowledge base.
I would like to know what your Suburban is used for. Family car, driver, RV towing, or grocery getter?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Good idea, here is the write up that I offered so many years ago.

I have used mine as a daily drive, tow rig, and grocery getter. Been on the dyno once, never been in a pull, always driven hard and put away wet.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well mine is nowhere near done yet, (but will be on all 4's again this weekend!!) I also read all your posts and they definetly motivated me to do my build.

Mine will be used as a daily driver, tow machine, grocrey getter, kid taxi, all around fun machine

Skippie

·
Registered
963 Posts
Is there a way to edit previous posts, I would like to just keep the list up in the 1st post?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Boise - unfortunately the new forum software doesn't allow you to edit posts after something like 5 minutes. This is a cool idea, maybe some day in the distant future I could join it, but not at this time as our Tahoe is still new (2010 w/ 3k miles). Besides I have to finish my other Frankenstein.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Through the years you have contributed a great deal to the forum. I guess I have read all your posts and I thank you for your involvement and wide knowledge base.
I would like to know what your Suburban is used for. Family car, driver, RV towing, or grocery getter?
I use mine for pretty much everything. Unfortunately it sits alot lately as I haven't had much work so she doesn't get driven alot. Most of her driving here lately is when I'm tired of driving teh wifes G6 and want to drive something with some pep to it, or when were going camping and hauling teh travel trailer. She gets a workout though pretty much whenever it's driven:D.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Is there a way to edit previous posts, I would like to just keep the list up in the 1st post?
PM a mod to update the list.
I can update it any time you send me an update :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I cant wait to see how those turnout. Building a truck for yourself has to be a change. At least you dont have someone else telling you what to do and you can through your own creative flare into the trucks. Most of all you guys deserve to have the best because of all you do for all of us. Looks like the wife gets the show and you get the go. Now i will have no choice but to have nick and his crew go to town if im ever gonna keep up with that tahoe. Time will only tell but lets make damn sure duraburb has the fastest and most powerful duramax suv's around.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would be proud to just be a part of the club. Everyone knows my build eric deserves all the credit for it and nick for the programming. I am a very proud owner and drive it everyday.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
List updated ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thank you guys im happy to be on the list let alone one of the top ten...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Boisebiker,

Count me in. It was you, theTDIguy, and thefermanator who inspired me to build. Been using mine as a daily driver, to tow my 10,000# TT, and to meet people.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How are we all doing on fuel economy?

8mpg towing 14,000# Toy Hauler
21mpg highway
15-18 mpg in town, seems much better in summer and was the best in Florida
Of course I have been making oil for over 3 years now, we will see after injector replacement.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I average 14 in the city. Havent figured highway yet but i drive hard. Still the new toy. It might ware off one day but i doubt it...

·
Registered
72 Posts
11.5 - 12.5 towing 10K trailer, 66-71 mph, no wind (aero drag kills)
20-21 empty, 73 mph
25 empty, 65 mph (i had to try it, but dang that's slow)
17-18 around town.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Have seen as high as 19 all city driving, 21 running 70-75 on interstate with a heavy foot accelerating. The best I have seen was 23 driving about 35% city and the rest highway keeping it under 65. Towing isn't as good though, 3.42 gears kill my towing milage. Towing our 7K pound travel trailer(very tall with alot of wind drag) gets me 10 at 70, 11 at 65, 12 at 60, and 14 at 55. I've towed heavier trailers at 70 and seen 12-13 with a slightly more aerodynamic tall box trailer. I still want to get out somewhere where I can set it at 60 and go for 500-600 miles without stopping much just to see what it can do. I'm sure I could do better on my current milage numbers by 1-2 MPG if I kept my foot out of it, but wheres the fun in that?(my BURB is seen passing MUSTANGS and such quite often:eek::D)

1 - 20 of 979 Posts