·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just seeing if anyone has done it

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Usually the trucks come with 3.73 and people put on larger tires like a 33" tire and change to a 4.11 or so. Go with a 35" or 36" and go with 4.56. 38-40" and go with a 4.88.

I can only assume maybe someone would do it for just a hauling truck. The U-Haul trucks have smaller tires on them and with that I can see a 3.55 gear. Besides that I doubt anyone would.

·
Registered
475 Posts
how many people have changed the rear end ratio and to what in a Dmax
Going to do mine in the next few weeks. 4.56 ratio

I'm with Twisted, why the 3.55 ratio? Better mileage? Do you tow? Tell us what you want to do with the truck.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
For that minor of a change, it will take forever to brake even on the cost. I would just add a taller narrow tire.

·
Registered
475 Posts
For that minor of a change, it will take forever to brake even on the cost. I would just add a taller narrow tire.
I agree, but still want to hear from him on what he is trying to acheive.

·
Registered
891 Posts

exactly, you'd never get the cost back.....

I wanna know why too, land speed record????

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
It would tow like garbage if you ask me, total mismatch. What would tow haul do? It would wind it up but the 3.55 wouldn't allow the torque to get to the tires. Going up hills you would lug it and downshift more often. The reason why nobody has done it is because it is really dumb, sorry but it is.

BTW 3.55 to 1 is a smaller ratio then 3.73 to 1.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just seeing if anyone had done it to improve mileage. I dont plan on it unless I drive a dodge that is older and I dont

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you had a five speed would that be close to the final ratio of a six speed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.