Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a follow up note to let those of you who may have wondered what in the world was wrong with the D'Max. Original post is as follows.

"I own a ‘02 Duramax. GMC HD 2500. I recently was on my way to Boise ID and topped off my tank with Diesel. I then tried to start the rig and it was a very prolonged start, didn’t think it was going to start. Never had that problem before. Took it to the dealership, they said it was the fuel filter. They changed the filter, still did not start right. So I siphoned all the fuel out of the rig, replaced the filter again myself this time. Thought it had to be fuel. Still had prolonged start. Took the truck to another mechanic and had the fuel tank steam cleaned. Lots and Lots of sludge, shale, etc ... bad. Truck did start for them at first. Drove the truck home, ran fine, now it will not start at all. I have less than 30K on the truck. Anyone have any ideas? Pump? Electronic? The dealership here will probably not have a clue either, had the truck towed there today, not exactly Diesel pro’s. Can you help?"

THE REST OF THE STORY! The Truck spent two weeks in the shop for starters. First diagnosis was that it just had to be the pump. Dealership said truck has low pressure and no way could an injector go bad from fuel and there is a filter of some sort in the pump and nothing can get through it. "Yeah right!". A few days later after the pump was replaced and it still wouln't start, the dealership told me it had to be bad fuel and it just wouldn't start on bad fuel. I ask them if my truck is only going to run on "ONE" Station's fuel here in Idaho, and I can't take my truck out of town, fix it this time or GM is on the phone. The second week, they replaced TWO bad injectors. "HUH! ... what a deal!" Now ... truck runs great!

I might add, the truck did not blow white exhaust as I was told it would do with injector problems.
Just a follow up and thanks to all who responded to the post. Thank the Lord I am driving a D'Max again!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
you might want to think of some secodary fuel filtration. might help with the dirty fuel!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts