Diesel Place banner

Duramax Models

Question: 
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I’ve got a 2012 Silverado LML that came off the North Slope in Alaska a couple years ago. Since we bought it last year, it has always seem to have had fuel system issues i.e. “dirty injectors” etc.. recently, I took a 400 mile drive to south Alaska and back from Fairbanks and ended up popping up with a diesel leak hidden deep in the engine bay. Long story short, over this last year and all these problems, I’ve been debating whether to convince my dad to by a different/newer model because this specific engine is known for problems? I need an opinion on what might be the better model to upgrade to, and also known for the least problems fuel system or not.

Any help is appreciated!

#2 ·
Keep in mind, all of these problems were fixed at the diesel shop but this last one was most expensive. I am just worried about spending more money than I want to just for the motor to fail at the end of the day with wasted money.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
This is a personal decision, some people will invest in something that is paid for because its cheaper than a payment.
Others (like myself) will tell you to fix it and sell/trade it and move on.

The decision really depends on your budget for repairs, if you can afford a payment, and how much you rely on this truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.