Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 2002 Duramax finally broke 100 thousand miles. I guess its final broken in now.
I haven’t had it since new but one of the guys here did a vin check when I bought it and turned up nothing and I have had very little problems with it. One bad front wheel bearing, a few ball joints, a carrier bearing, rear u-joints, a stearing shaft and a new shift lever (tow/hall button). Other than that I change the Oil and the trany filter and fluid in the pan, and fuel filter, and drive it.
Does anyone think it’s too late to have a complete trany flush done? I always change the spin on filter and fluid in the pan but have never had it flushed and it always looked good until the move to Colorado.
Just wondering if the old don’t touch your fluid after 100 thousand comes in to affect here? I was going to go and have it completely flushed, any thoughts?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They recommend flushing the trans every 30K miles. It's pretty easy to do yourself, just search and you will find all the info you need.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
thinkenbig...yup, you just got it broke in! I have a little over 140k miles and have a big :D on my face everytime I drive it!!!

Keep on truckin'!!!

MaxRock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts