Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been following along here for the last couple of months and 1st post for me.

Is there a good plug-in replacement horn for these trucks? On my new 04, she just sounds a little "whimpey" to me.

Thanks, Al

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'd love to have that thing but it's kind of hard to hide.. You can't blast it and pretend that it wasn't you..

·
Registered
448 Posts
To say nothing of the air source. What do you do/ build turbo boost to 30 psi and then pull the trigger on it?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I replaced mine with horns off a Caddy. They are a PITA to remove by the way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hoot,

Can you give us the details of that little setup??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i can TWO sets of train horns 2 - 3gal tanks on custom brackets and you cant tell their there. i can snap some more pics next time i see the truck on the lift. basically ther mounted to some home made brackets to one of the bed supports. Electric selonoid to momentary switch. Louder than He!! !!!!!!!! at the time there was just a schrader valve now he has an oasis pump.

Truck on left has the horns, hoot in the middle, and my dirty rig on the right.

Disclaimer: i stole this picture from hoots website.Edited by: chevmeister

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jeli, those Caddy horns are no joke. Sounds like a damn train is coming. I was thinking of taking it off my mothers old Caddy. Only problem is that you can't do the "hello beep" only the "get the hell out of my way beep"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts