Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with a local exhaust/diesel shop and they should have my set built in the next few weeks.:cool2: I should have pics soon. We are hoping to find some HP and torque but also drop egt's and have quicker spool-up. They will be coated and also have bungs for EGT sensor.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Lander has a shop that does stuff like that? Cool.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, pinnacle power is building them. I will be going to a dyno to test them and make sure they work. They have a set for cummins and just got done with the 7.3 powerstroke set.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm anxious to see how they work out. Just curious, but what kind of material are they using?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
partsguy662;1570810; said:
Cardboard.........):h
PVC ;)

Seriously, it'll be interesting to see what gains can be made from adding headers.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
partsguy662;1570810; said:
Cardboard.........):h
HA! HA! I was thinking paper mache ....:p:

I was wondering what guage steel bends?, carbon/stainless?, flange thickness?...etc.

·
Registered
540 Posts
do tell when they are done and how they perform. certainly interested.

Jon

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
i can't imagine how loud my truck will be if these help alter noise like they do on gassers. my truck is already freakin obnoxious. let us know how everything works out

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
bogger;1571729; said:
i can't imagine how loud my truck will be if these help alter noise like they do on gassers. my truck is already freakin obnoxious. let us know how everything works out
Header on a diesel wouldn't add any level of sound what so ever, the header feed into the turbo not to the atmosphere

·
Registered
924 Posts
cpvc and glue

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
ZR1160;1571806; said:
Header on a diesel wouldn't add any level of sound what so ever, the header feed into the turbo not to the atmosphere

Maybe not quite true. There seems to be a certain amount of noise that indeed does escape through the thinner walled material. The thicker cast iron does seem to stop most of this.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They will be made of 409 stainless the flanges will be cut from 3/8's plate. They will be coated from HPC flat black to help cool egt's and underhood temps. Might have a polished available to for guys that like the bling bling.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
So whats the prognosis tlee05? Any In-Process pics? Are you carrying them all the way to the turbo pedestal, or just replacing the manifold?

In a diesel application is there any advantage or disadvantage to runner length, or does the turbo back pressure negate any of the scavenging effects?:think:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Any idea on prices?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm still working on getting the flanges finished up. We should have somthing more end of next week. Their will definetly be some pictures of work in progress photos. We probably will do somthing with the up pipes, Just not sure yet. I've got some ideas, can't tell you or I'd have to kill you. I'm afraid they won't be rally cheap. The ones we're building for the fords are a 4-1 desing all equal length. They're pretty labor intensive. We'll know more in the following weeks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Why use 409, one of the cheapest grades of stainless tubing. At the very minimum you should use 304 or even better 321.

I'm sure you guys have put a lot of time and money into the program and I would hate to see it wasted on inferior material.

Just some helpful tips.

·
Registered
825 Posts
EGT Bung fitting

Will both sides have a bung fitting for egt readings? or just one side?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.