Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Im on my 4th day with my 2004 Duramax GMC Sierra 4x4 and I love it :) I'm curious out there what yall are getting on MPG?

If you could send me a reply and let me know + how many miles you have on it. Im curious how many miles til mine is broke in. A couple of yrs?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
377mi = 12.7mpg. Lots of city driving. Lead filled right boot.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't put gas in mine but.....

as far as diesel fuel mileage, I am averaging 18 (computated by hand) after 37,000 miles in my '03 Crew Cab Long Box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my truck 700 miles away and drove it back.. I was LOVING it all the way back.. I was getting 16mpg & that was averg about 80mph.. Hopefully this is good things to come. I would love to add some 285's on the truck but afraid Im gonna mess up the smooth ride and gas mileage

·
Registered
106 Posts
GAS milage is GREAT!! I don't use ANY!!
I do go through some diesel every now and then though!!...19mpg highway...14.5 around town.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Go easy on Taco....it looks like this might be his first diesel.

My FUEL milage 'isa nota soa gooda'.....my reads 14.0gpm ALL THE TIME!

·
Registered
106 Posts
No harm mean't!!
Just playing around!

·
Registered
443 Posts
First year, total of 17,000 miles, my average according to my DIC (I always go by what my DIC tells me . . . .
), was 17.8 mpg, 50/50, city/hwy. Edited by: T.P.N.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
03 Crew 2500HD, 21,500 miles lifetime average is 18.7. Summer I get around 19.5 winter a little over 16 on average.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've had my '04 LB7 for about three weeks now. I've got 4800 miles on it so far, & the last 5 tankfuls have ranged from 18.2 to 18.78. That's hand calculated & GPS corrected with 265 tires running about 70 to 75 mph on the highway with occasional city driving. I'm curious to know if it will improve much when it finally warms up enough to not need the winter blend fuel. The DIC is actually reading about .5 to 1 MPG too low most of the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had my '04 LB7 for about 3 months. 7,200 miles. Bone stock. 70% highway, 30% city, no towing. Best tank = 21.54, Worst tank = 19.02, Lifetime average = 20.28 MPG (computed by hand).

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Dmaxcan,

that was the milage from St. Louis to Indy.

That was also the time I was using the Stanadyne additve, it flet like I had a parachute behind me the entire trip. My last fillup on the way home the tank was on empty and noticed a change as I was getting on the highway. But it still never left the 14.0 to 14.3 range.

My truck seems to have lost power from the day I picked it up with 15miles on it...now with 4,000miles it really does not seem to be the same truck.

·
Registered
718 Posts
No wake: Are you adjusting for your different tire size as well? I know when I put larger tires on my mpg dropped odometerwise, but you have to consider that your speedo is about 7mph or so off at highway speeds....that adds up in a hurry! I dont know how to factor out the difference to get my "true" mpg....but Ive been getting about 15-16 "supposedly". I was right at 20 before the larger tires....

Jason

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
No, I am not....I think the Attitude/Juice will do that for me? Does it?

I know the Hypertech will ask about the tire size.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The juice and attitude will correct your mph ON THE ATTITUDE DISPLAY. It doesnt change your factory speedo or odometer. So even if you know how fast you're going with the attitude monitor, your pickup still only thinks you're going slower than you actually are...less miles are accumulated therefore less mpg. Also, less miles on the odometer!

Jason

·
Registered
490 Posts
With 9975 miles, I am getting around 18 country/city driving. Highway is around 19.2 MPG. Bone stock with pre OEM Cat filter. Running Florida diesel fuel, not sure if it is winter blended or not.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Winter blend . . . . in Florida??? What's that, a little extra Cuervo Gold in the Marguerita???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts