Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy that works at the dealer back home took these pics for me. I guess the owner says the block heater caused the fire cuz it was plugged in when it started. My buddy says that he's never seen a block heater cause a fire it should pop the breaker its plugged into if it was shorted but thats what there saying as of now. Oh, by the way it was parked in the guys driveway an burnt half his garage down with it!!
:badidea:

The truck is an '03.

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more...

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: last ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
:eek: Holly .................

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Thats terrible! What an awful way for a nice truck to go...:bawl:

I always keep a small dry chem fire extinguisher in my truck...when I save up some more $$ its getting replaced with a Halon unit..

--Ben

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow. I have done that before on accident. Will deffinatly be more careful in the future

·
Registered
594 Posts
looks like someone got tired of those monthly payments? j/k that is a shame for a truck to go like that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It is hard for me to beleve that the engine heater would cause a fire like that. I have started quite a few engines while the heaters were still plugged in and never had any problems.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are the roof lights for sale? LOL

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Man, that's awful! Can you imagine what would have happened if it was parked in a garage?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Well at least we no the block heater had it nice and toasty wrom for him.....but reallt that sux wonder wat gm will do about it?? If it is something to do with motor.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have had a fire in my 03'. Have your guy check his parking brake release cable.

My cable completely wore through the main harness, shorted to ground, and next thing I know truck is full of smoke. Put fire out with small exstinguisher.

Called insurance company, they said they will cover the damage CAUSED by fire, but not THE CAUSE of the fire. So now I have new interior and new wiring but I had to pay $12.99 for a new release cable.!

Yee-Haw!

Reactions: duramaxdiesel224

·
Registered
274 Posts
Shhh dont let the ford guys see these pics

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
I have some rubbing compound that might fix that

1 - 20 of 78 Posts