Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These forums post a lot of great information. I'm new to diesel engines and as I have a new Silverado 3500HD D/A on order, I was wondering if there was any sort of a guide/maintenance manual out there for Duramax engines. I did a relatively quick search on the net and didn't find anything, but I thought if one exists, someone viewing this forum should know about it.

In essence, I'm looking for a single source for all relevant subjects on owning/maintaining a Duramax. I've found the topics on this forum very informative, but it would be nice to have an A-Z guide with the comon non-certified diesel technician in mind. Too much to ask for?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think there is a set of 3 books that covers it all. Will search and see if I can find it, been a while since someone asked for the tech manuals.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Chevysrus,

That would be great since I'm interested as well.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
There should be a Duramax Diesel Supplement that comes with your truck. It is just a small book the covers the very basics, never the less usefull. My truck did not have one and I had to order it, helminc.com. My dealer did reimburse me(10.00).

·
Registered
432 Posts
OK finally found the Helms source. Go to Helminc.com. and you can order a set for any vehicle you own. They are pricy, but you are suppose to be able to take it apart and put it back together again with just these manuals.

Not sure how detailed you wanted to go and the Diesel Supplement you should have received with your truck covers routine maintenance items, but doesn't get into anything heavy.

Understand that threre is another source of manuals that comes on CD's and work great, but need to find that source as well.

Check it out and see if it's more than you ever wanted to know.

Good Luck

Edited by: Chevysrus

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hold on the link is not working....be back in a minute.

For some reason the site is down or may have changed. I get something different at that address. I found no less than 10 links to the above site name, but they were 4-5 months old. Anyway, Helms makes the complete manual for the DMAX. I believe it is a 3-or 4 book set and cost about $130-$150 for the set.

They are also available from time to time on Ebay when a guy trades his truck and doesn't need the manuals anymore.

Will keep looking for an active or correct link.Edited by: Chevysrus

·
Registered
242 Posts
It is a five book set and is 140 without shipping. I couldn't get their site to work either, but I'm sure it's just a holiday glitch since they are the only ones making these. Good luck with your truck.

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1779

the link above can be pasted in your browser and it is a rec maintenance list for the trucks. Very good and easier to carry than five manuals.Edited by: dieselman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts