Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys want to see a Duramax engine build up from the bare block up, make sure to catch Xtreme 4x4 on Spike this weekend.

Peter Treydte
Banks Power

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
Saw the show,:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: over 700 hp and over 1100 ft lbs of torque!

Is Banks going to be building these as crate engines? Will they have stand alone computers for retrofitting into other vehicles?

If anyone missed the show on Spike today, catch it again on Xtreme 4x4 on sunday.:grd:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
If you would like to see a Duramax (LLY) engine built from the bare block up, catch Xtreme 4x4 on Spike this weekend.

Peter Treydte
Banks Power
Saw it, and it looks cool. When is it going to be available to the public? We are still waiting for parts from the Dodge Sidewinder engines to become a reality. You have the technology to build the stuff the extreme performance enthusiasts are looking for, but you have not yet chosen to come to market with it. Hopefully that will change. Quit teasing us!:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually its an LLY with an LBZ computer.

PT

·
Registered
95 Posts
Actually it's an LLY with LBZ bumper and LB7 computer hybrid:lol:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Pretty interesting so far. Talk about beefy compared to a gasser. By the stock performance specs they said on the show it's an LBZ motor.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
YEA! 770 h.p. 1113 ft/lbs torque! Just think how fast I could haul my 26K dually up the mountains then! :grd:
That's FW specs not RW specs. Still Damned impressive. Of course they haven't said anything about the trans.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Those intakes look bad A$$.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good to see the Duramax on TV. That 'Gorilla Suburban' that they are building is going to be bad a$$.

From http://www.powerblocktv.com/

When in doubt, go big! Jessi & Ian build up the prototype twin-turboed Duramax diesel engine for Project Suburban Gorilla. They go to Gale Banks Engineering to learn about the company’s extensive diesel engine performance experience, and then show you how it all works in the twin “hairdryer” Duramax. They walk you through all the details that yield a successful diesel engine build-up, and then bolt it to Banks’ engine dyno to get real-world info. Let’s just say that Banks’ promised 1,000 lb-ft of torque! Plus see extreme, and we mean extreme mud racing from Louisiana – where if you are behind in the first turn, you’re can’t see for the rest of the race.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I saw it. Its neat. They talked about the tranny and transfercases a while ago. Of coarse its a beefed up ally.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
IIRC they sent it off and said "so and so did this" they didnt really get into it. The transfer case was neat. a np205 and a np207 back half mated together.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Anyone see the pin cam thingy that Eric Found?

Did they adress this on the show?

Eric should be on T.V. giving us the "real" low down!):h

While were at it, could someone please tell me the advantage of twins?

There are guys here that have those #'s with some "stacked" programming.:ro)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
While were at it, could someone please tell me the advantage of twins?

while i'm no expert, i think i'm correct in saying that

more air = more fuel that you can burn. more fuel that you can burn the power you are going to have.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
while i'm no expert, i think i'm correct in saying that

more air = more fuel that you can burn. more fuel that you can burn the power you are going to have.
More air & fuel = more fun.;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts