Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Busted a transmission cooler line and didn’t notice anything til pedal quit responding. Was off road not going more than 15 mph for about 30 min before the breakdown. Got a wrecker to come find me and got truck back home. Small amount of fluid that was left in the line when I did the repair was good color but after fixing and added 8 quarts of fluid the dip stick had black fluid on it. Replaced external spin on filter before adding the fluid and magnet had some sludge on it but fluid in bottom of filter looked good. Now when attempting to shift in to gear will not move and sometimes indicator is flashing under the gear. Left idle for a while to see if pump would start circulating and catch but still will not engage into gear. Unplugged batteries for 30 min plus and still no. If I rev up to about 1800 it will move forward just a bit when I let off the gas. If I hold in drive at about the same rpm it sounds like something is trying to catch but won’t. Sorry if my descriptions are elementary but this is first transmission issue so I don’t know what I’m talking about yet. Have read maybe nsbu but since issue all happened after the fluid loss it is unlikely. Bad TC or pump? Clogged internal filter?

2012 LML Silverado 2500 4wd.

·
Premium Member
17,995 Posts
8 qts hardly seems like enough?
Are you certain that there is sufficient oil in the transmission?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts