Diesel Place banner

dumb question

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mad 
#1 ·
How do I crank my torsions to lift my front end of my dually?:help: :duh:

#2 ·
It's very easy. Just find the bolts under your truck that are at the end of the bars. Turn them clockwise and up goes the truck. Just make sure you do it equally from side to side. You may want to look into an alignment afterwards also.

I believe there is a detailed "how to" thread on this somewhere. Do a search.

#3 ·
AND prior to cranking, jack the front end up to unload the bars or it's REALLY hard to do.

#4 ·
You don't really need to lift the front end if you don't want to. The bolts are on either side and are 18mm IIRC.

#6 ·
I would

You don't really need to lift the front end if you don't want to. The bolts are on either side and are 18mm IIRC.
I have had alignment shops and dealers tell me they have twisted off the bolt heads by not taking off the pressure first. I would recommend using a jack to take that pressure off then turning the bolts by using a breaker bar. Measure your fender lips to get both sides equall. JMO

#7 ·
There have been a few cases of stripped threads also.

#9 ·
Well, my stringbeans initially adjusted them without jacking up the front end. When I fine tuned it a few days later I had read a thread about jacking it up first and it was MUCH easier to turn the bolts, which, IMO, means not only less stress on the stringbeans, but, less stress on all the adjustment points.
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.