Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the danger of not obeying the WTS indicator and just cranking the engine? In our weather, if you blink you miss the WTS most of the time. On some of my diesel farm equipment, not waiting long enough just causes the engine to crank a little longer and smoke a little more when it does. Is it especially harmful to these high tech diesels to just crank 'em when its not freezing cold?

·
Registered
136 Posts
thats a very good question, and im starting to think more is less and less is more!besides wont the heater grid pickup the slack once the engine is running??techs please chime in please.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What is the danger of not obeying the WTS indicator and just cranking the engine? In our weather, if you blink you miss the WTS most of the time. On some of my diesel farm equipment, not waiting long enough just causes the engine to crank a little longer and smoke a little more when it does. Is it especially harmful to these high tech diesels to just crank 'em when its not freezing cold?
I wouldnt worry about it. If you are in a warm climate, your WTS light may not appear at all. I can tell you that I have started my truck with the temps in the lower teens and havent waited at all, no problems starting. "Just fire that mother up" and enjoy your new truck.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have 90,000 miles now and I don't know what a WTS light is, LOL I think only ford and maybe dodge actually require a wait , I believe the only thing that could happen is it won't start???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts