Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have worn the stock tires down to nothing. I am looking at the Revos and Silent Armors (265/75R16E). I don't do alot of driving in wet conditions so I really don't care much about that. I am looking for a long lasting AT tire (50/60K miles) that works well in desert / sand conditions. I tow a heavy 5th wheel so the towing behavior must be good as well.

I really think the sidewall of Silent armor leaves some to be desired. What is the deal with the graphics. Less is more. That being said, I will choose based on performance first. Cost is about $30 difference so that is not a factor.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+SilentArmor&sidewall=Blackwall&

·
Registered
298 Posts
Personally I think the Duelers are a great tire. Goodyears always seem to wear way too fast for me.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
The old AT/S wore great for most people, I havn't heard much if any feedback about the silent armor though....

·
Registered
448 Posts
The REVO is one he!! of a tire!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm going with the REVO, I've always like the Bridgestones. I have duelers on my Tahoe.

gcat

·
Registered
296 Posts
I hate noisy tires and they are noisy on the 02 I just bought. I was thinking strongly of buying Silent Armors. I have read some great reviews on them. Anybody know of a good brand or better quiet~tire?.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been looking at both of these tires also and am interested in any opinions. Have read quite a bit on the Revos, but not much on the Goodyears. Just bringing this thread btt. Any more opinions would be welcome. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
my experience is that REVO's are quiet! Have bought and run two sets 20K+ miles. Are they properly inflated? Irregularly worn?

Are any of you guys that speak poorly of them thinking that you have REVO's when you really have the regular Dueler A/T?

It's only a REVO if the word REVO is cut into the sidewall! The tread pattern is very similar!

Though the constuction and rubber chemistry isn't!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I had the silent armours on for about a week, after many tire changes, learned that goodyear cannot make a round tire. went back to bf at/ko and no vibration problemes, the goodyears were crapppppp.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Are any of you guys that speak poorly of them thinking that you have REVO's when you really have the regular Dueler A/T?

It's only a REVO if the word REVO is cut into the sidewall! The tread pattern is very similar!

Though the constuction and rubber chemistry isn't!
what he said
i went with dueler at and they suck in the snow sometimes you really do get what you pay for

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have to say, I went with the silent armor. Largely because I needed a tire that would last. The GoodYear's come with a 50k mile warranty. If they don't last...its not my problem. There was a guy who works at the Discount Tire I go to who had been running them for a while and loved em. I only have about 1500 miles on them. Quiet on the road. Good traction and feel stable.

I have never had REVO's so I can't speak about those. If you are looking for treadlife.....GoodYear guarantee's it. They put their money on it. That's what sold me.

If you are considering it, I believe Goodyear has a 30 day guarantee. If you don't like em, you get your money back. You could always try them for a week or 2 and go from there. You might want to check the details before doing this though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just put 265 duelers on my hd and love them. They rock in the snow and they are smooth and quiet on the highway. I put them on myself and they even balanced great for a large, heavy tire. I would tell anyone to put them on.:)

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I have alot of miles on my Dueller AT Revo's 285's love em' and would definately buy again

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
The first good posts I have read on the Revos.Have read earlier posts on them telling of good traction but short tread life and no good for trailer pulling,get quite squirrly.I would do some more research on them before laying out the bucks for them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The first good posts I have read on the Revos.
Really? Have you been to sites like tirerack and read the reviews and looked at the survey stats???

They are a top quality tire! UNI-T construction and proprietary compounds derived from the Firestone SZ50EP (now called Indy) which was bred directly from Indy rain tires...

They are not a single purpose tire! They are meant to do alot of things well. The high points are dry traction, wet (rain) performance and ride quality. NOT premier MUD/deep snow...you need something noisy with big side biters and lots of void for that!

You will find them to be VERY round, and balance with minimal wieght...which says alot about quality of constuction!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think that the revos would be a good choice. They have worked well for me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
and I like all these posts about treadlife...if your only concern is your tires passing inspection @ 40-50K miles...well good for you.
When you endure a crappy ride, and put your azz and your valuables at risk for the last 15K because traction and roadholding are shot due to the tire has gotten so hard from heat cycling...
well, at least you can brag about how many miles you got outta those tires...

For me, it's about performance over the life of the tire!
Even if it's only 30-35K.

but then again, I'm about safety...whether driving "spirited" unladen (always) or, when my $200K 13,000lb. boat's on the hitch...

and certianly my life is worth alot more than the value of 10 or 15K treadlife from a set of tires!

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
The first good posts I have read on the Revos.Have read earlier posts on them telling of good traction but short tread life and no good for trailer pulling,get quite squirrly.I would do some more research on them before laying out the bucks for them.

Really? I've pulled a 8000# bumper pull Cargo trailer daily for the past year and a half at least...with great treadwear I might add...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had the Revo's on my '01. In fact when I traded it in on my 04 I made them swap the Revos on. Great tire. Great wet and dry traction. I've got roughly 30k on this set (half towing 12k trailer) and will be buying another set as soon as these wear out.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Guess I should not have believed the posts I read on the Revos a few years back.Could have bought them for same price I paid for Michelins.Oh well,everyone should know how great a tire that Revo is now!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts