Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if GM will eventually offer the Duramax in the Yukon or Tahoe. After driving my truck, my wife wants to know when she can replace her Ford Explorer with a Duramax.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not anytime soon

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
If all goes well, she could replace it with a diesel Explorer or Mountaineer within a couple years. Of coarse Ford could always canex it too.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
YOU CAN STEAL DIESEL EXCURSIONS RIGHT NOW.Only problem,the dealer may have it more than you,if you buy a left over.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I spoke to a GM Commercial Vehicle Muckie muck at SEMA two weeks ago and learned the following;

The full size vans will get the motor in 2005 (2006 model year), it will not have the Allison, but a 4L80E. My conclusion is a detuned or smaller Duramax.

The Suburban 2500's will get the duramax several years later, perhaps 2008, again with the 4L80E as the Allsion won't fit. Same conclusion, smaller or detuned Duramax.

The yukons and tahoes are unlikely to get the motors as they are half ton chassis' and not "heavy Duty"

Having said all that, I think GM will have to rethink their strategy when the new VW Diesel hits the SUV market next year. I suspect that it will change peoples expectations of torque and fuel economy in the SUV market forever, but that's jsut my personal opinion.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
SteveCA said:
I spoke to a GM Commercial Vehicle Muckie muck at SEMA two weeks ago and learned the following;

The full size vans will get the motor in 2005 (2006 model year), it will not have the Allison, but a 4L80E. My conclusion is a detuned or smaller Duramax.

The Suburban 2500's will get the duramax several years later, perhaps 2008, again with the 4L80E as the Allsion won't fit. Same conclusion, smaller or detuned Duramax.

The yukons and tahoes are unlikely to get the motors as they are half ton chassis' and not "heavy Duty"

Having said all that, I think GM will have to rethink their strategy when the new VW Diesel hits the SUV market next year. I suspect that it will change peoples expectations of torque and fuel economy in the SUV market forever, but that's jsut my personal opinion.

GM Better rethink the Diesel SUV Market, they are missing out.

I have my wish list made out...........that VW is on it.

It is rumored to have 300+HP and mid 500's for torque

As the owner of a Passat VR6-GLX I know that VW is a quality Automobile ..........

I guess I'll have to drive the '03 Tahoe part time for another year till the wife get's her VW.

Heard it was $55K

THAT"S ALOT OF DEAD PRESIDENTS ................

Oh well.

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

1 - 8 of 8 Posts