Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment Friday to have a 3 1/2 in. powerflow muffler put on my 2004 Duramax with 600 miles on it. We will be taking the 3 1'2 in. out pipe to two 3 in. pipes that come out the back. Is this a good thing to do? Is it likely to kick on the check engine light? Are there any kits out there that are bolt on with duals that come out the back?

Thanks for any advice.

Bluejay

·
Registered
429 Posts
Bluejay,

I have no idea on the check engine light, but I know www.atsdieselperformance.com has a bolt on dual exhaust kit, but it'll cost ya some $$$.

Merry Christmas,

Josh

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bluejay, I have the ATS duals and am happy with them. Mine start as a single 4", conected at the bottom of the 3 1/2" downpipe. It goes into the muffler as one and comes out as two 4" that then Y out the back with 24"X5" polished stainless tips (nice look). It's a bolt on replacement except one hanger needs to be welded to the rear drivers side frame. I've read most of the posts here that cover exhaust and havn't seen any where they cause any problems with the check engine light. If you have a Cat. and ERG I could'nt say for sure. Good luck with what you decide.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I got ATS , with no problems.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got my 2004 Duramax back from the muffler shop and the Flowmaster muffler with the duals straight out the back work and look great. They are not very noisy. No dash lights came on. I have not driven it enough to see if it helped performance or mileage.

Bluejay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts