Diesel Place banner

921 - 940 of 940 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Hey! I've seen that truck here locally. That thing's a beast!

·
Registered
114 Posts
No, I put it on the back burner to complete other mods. I see another shop that has installed some out west, when I get around to it I'm going to call and see what they did.
I spoke to them today, very helpful.
That was a charity SEMA build for the owner. He provided all the parts and they assembled. The flares were modified to fit the dually and they would be willing to take on another set but warned me they had about 6 hrs into the mod & 1 hr to mount the front ($600) and doesn't include paint match by others.
They too require "a" truck to fit them too although it doesn't have to be the truck.

Reactions: hdrolling

·
Registered
251 Posts
That was a charity SEMA build for the owner. He provided all the parts and they assembled. The flares were modified to fit the dually and they would be willing to take on another set but warned me they had about 6 hrs into the mod & 1 hr to mount the front ($600) and doesn't include paint match by others.
They too require "a" truck to fit them too although it doesn't have to be the truck.
Wow, it took me maybe 1/2 hr doing the front for the first time. An entire hour for a custom shop to do just the front two sounds extreme?

I haven't given up on the rear yet, just postponing for this winter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know, fronts should be factory fit and I can't imagine an hour for a few screws.
Figured I may have a shop mod the rears and I'll install myself. Still looking too

Reactions: hdrolling

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
That's too bad, for the price of those King shocks you shouldn't have to be dealing with any issues.

The Fox shocks I just put on are incredible compared to stock and the 5100's I've installed in the past.
HD, I'm going to replace my King Shocks with Fox 2.5 reservoirs. Did you do adjustable or non adjustable? Any photos?

·
Registered
251 Posts
HD, I'm going to replace my King Shocks with Fox 2.5 reservoirs. Did you do adjustable or non adjustable? Any photos?
Zone kit comes with the FOX 2.0's, non adjustable and no reservoirs.

That sucks about the KINGS, suppose to be some of the best. I do love these FOX shocks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The King shocks are great, I just don't/can't live with the noise. Apparently that's how they're built.

·
Registered
315 Posts
my BWW

The Big White Whale
bought it used 120000kms on it
Installed factory mud flaps all around, mounted a set of boards on her and then sot a bit more serious! I stripped the interior out of the truck, replaced the vinyl floor with carpeting, then ripped out the cloth on the seats and installed a Katskin leather kit c/w front seat heaters, console and rear seats.
The previous owner put Rhino liner down the side of the truck, so I added a pinstripe down the side and a stripe on the hood and tailgate. I had my tonneau off of my '11 shortbox that was modified with a hole for the auxiliary fuel tank lid so for a temporary solution, used some plywood, piano hinge and some black puckboard to add a panel , making it fit an 8' box

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
BWW interior

If I can swap the cloth for leather, Anyone can!

Attachments

Reactions: redlinerobert

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ended up with a trip to Phoenix last week so made arrangements to get it in to check flare fit. It didn't go as planned as Bushwacker and/or GM has changed and the natural place to cut for clearance lights wasn't lining up which would look bad or create a whole new fabrication problem.
Back to the drawing board I guess

·
Registered
251 Posts
I ended up with a trip to Phoenix last week so made arrangements to get it in to check flare fit. It didn't go as planned as Bushwacker and/or GM has changed and the natural place to cut for clearance lights wasn't lining up which would look bad or create a whole new fabrication problem.
Back to the drawing board I guess
That's one of the issues I had when trying to mock mine up, maybe someday!

Also an updated pic of the truck, made a change or two....

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is my 2019 with our 2019 Cyclone toyhauler

Here you go

Attachments

Reactions: CntrlCalDmax

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
What took so long? A bit of buffing, and it's good to go... :-0

·
Registered
251 Posts
Couple more updates to the truck, new tires/ resi shocks/ blacked out the b pillars and added a rear off road bumper.

Attachments

921 - 940 of 940 Posts