Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A brief question, some a$$ hat just did a hit & run on my brother's brand spaking new 06 bubble butt... took out a fender. Truck ain't even two months old, I damn near shead a tear. :bawl:

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the cost of repairing any body damage to the composite boxes on the bubble butts.

Thanks in advance,
Enigma

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just went through this less than 4 weeks ago, in California out the door, new Fender, R&R, paint match, Gelcoat, some Environmental junk, a new 4x4 decal was $2,023. I hear some people say $1000....The composite fender is $800 alone.

·
Registered
373 Posts
What color is his truck?? I have a brand new 06 silver birch take off just sitting in the shed, the truck only had 90 miles on it when bed was removed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What color is his truck?? I have a brand new 06 silver birch take off just sitting in the shed, the truck only had 90 miles on it when bed was removed.
PM sent, amazingly his Silver as well !!!

Thx all for the replies, they will help if the *stealer* attempts to bone him for parts/labor rates.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
i belive around a 1000 bucks
I pay 1000.00 for bedside painted and installed, on number 3 now, think it is time for bigger mirrors. :muahaha:
Just went through this less than 4 weeks ago, in California out the door, new Fender, R&R, paint match, Gelcoat, some Environmental junk, a new 4x4 decal was $2,023. I hear some people say $1000....The composite fender is $800 alone.

I paid $1200 for a complete take off bed....yall are getting screwed.....;)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I pay 1000.00 for bedside painted and installed, on number 3 now, think it is time for bigger mirrors. :muahaha:
You gittin' the volume discount?

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
I had mine replaced also. The guy that did mine does all of Mercury Ins.
work in the area I live. I think he charged them $1800. That was in Dec 2004. Third dually.. first fender... believe me it did not ease the painCensored

·
Registered
565 Posts
896.00 then rr and paint cost me right at 1200.00 also had some hood chips and other chips fixed as well.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Well....Now I have to say. I did not try and beat the streets for deals. Nor did I use any of my contacts... nor did I cut corners and buy an aftermarket made fender. this was all GM parts. But I had the luxury of the entire thing paid for, in full, by a construction company. I just took it to 2 very high quality shops and got estimates. however shop rate in California is nearing $125 an hour. Book time was 6 hrs for R & R. I also had them rub the entire truck out. Looks like it did when I received it back in 2001. People never believe me when I say I have an 01 with 120K miles. I have had people actually want to see my odometer.....):h

·
Registered
61 Posts
just curious of where to get the genuine gm fender??I smashed mine up and want to get a new one.Also do you know what that fender cost as apossed to a generic?Thanks

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Montauk555,
The Fender can be ordered at any GM dealership. The body shop bought mine from the local Chevy dealer. As for Generic, I am not sure. I know they are out there, but not sure how you get them and get them to your place undamaged

·
Registered
61 Posts
thanks,Guess ill be heading to the dealer.much appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A UPS driver hit my '03 Dually fender and cracked it. They came out and looked at it and refused to do anything about it. Allstate had it relaced and painted, for $1800. When Allstate threatened to go to court, UPS caughed up and I got my $500 deductable back.
Good luck.
John

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
J&EinPA,
My story was a long road. I hit a CalTrans cone sitting in the middle of my lane going 60. There were 3 of them. Could not avoid it without hitting another car. One waded up and blew a big piece out. Cal Trans said "No way" but referred me to the subcontractor who was doing the job, they balked at first. I called them every week for 3 weeks. Finally got to the owner. They finally mailed me a check. I was relentless as had I claimed this on my insurance, they would have raised my rates. Then of course I lose my 'Good Driver" discount. they would have got all of that fender money back by raising my rates a good hundred bucks a year. The construction company wanted to pay just my deductible, I said NO WAY....and explained the insurance ripoff companies ways and how I will end up paying. You pay all of it. After nearly 2 months, they coughed it up in full. I was extremely polite...every call.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Don't feel bad about the cost of your dually fender (composite). It is double the cost of a dually fender to put on a SRW steel fender. Welded. $1800 was the best I could find - $2500 was the worst. Same shop did a dually at the same time for $950.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A brief question, some a$$ hat just did a hit & run on my brother's brand spaking new 06 bubble butt... took out a fender. Truck ain't even two months old, I damn near shead a tear. :bawl:

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the cost of repairing any body damage to the composite boxes on the bubble butts.

Thanks in advance,
Enigma
Just had my rear right side done, lady hit me in parking lot, also damaged the rear running board and the bolton simulator, even tore up the fiberglass stone guard, they couldn't match the simulators so they replased all 4 they also gave me the left side running board.
Insurance estimate Total $2900.00 Canadian :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thx all for the replies... the body shop needed a bit of an attitude adjustment according to most of the posts here. Now down to a more reasonable $1200 for the repairs, fortunately he's got under/no insurance coverage so he'll be out of pocket $500.

I still can't believe how our society is changing, people used to have respecet for one another... not anymore. Heck several years ago I had a mishap on a motorcycle, took out the front of a Toyota suv. I sucked it up knocked on the home owner's door and paid for the repairs out of pocket, no one saw me I could have simply rode away... memories of better people and better times I guess.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts