Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dual Zone Temp
Interior cabin heat question:

When we tried to turn the heat off, the passenger side of the dual zone temperature slide switch was still blowing heat, even when the slide was pushed down all the way to cool. The driver's side blew cool.

Does anyone know if the sliding switches on the dual zone temperature control are electronic or mechanical? And has this ever happened to anyone with the dual zone sliding controls - that they stick on heat?

If you turn the engine off , the temperature slide switch in the cold position will go back to cold.

The thread on this same problem back a few years was closed. As I have the same problem with my 05, I made few changes to the original thread.

Thanks
Slow

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you can't control the heat, chances are your actuator is no good. Could also be the control head.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes electric actuators in this system. most likley the pass. side temp actuator is sticking. i see it alot, and replace 3 actuators a week. the pass side actuator is a bit tough to get to. you have to remove the upper dash pad and pull the upper a/c vents up to get to it. there are 2 5.5mm bolts holding it down on top of the a/c module. not hard to replace but you will need to recalibrate the actuators after replacment. with out a tech 2 i belive you can just disco the battery for 10 sec. and when you re-connect the control head will re-calibrate the actuators. if your under warranty take it in, if not you can save about 4 hrs labor doing it yourself.
hope this helps good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information
Slow

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having this problem as well - passenger side blowing hot sometimes. It fixes itself when the truck is turned off and on, but it is still irritating.

What is the upper dash pad? The whole top of the dash? :\ I hate taking the dash apart anyway, and that doesn't sound fun. How long to do the swaps for a good wrencher?

What is the a/c module? It seems like it would be stuck into the main plenum somewhere, but module sounds to me like computer / brain.

Anyone know the GM part numbers for the driver and passenger side temp actuators? Approximate prices?

Does anyone know if the current actuators GM sells for parts are the same design as the one that broke? (IOW - will I be doing this again?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts