Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 2 filters clog up on me in the mornings with what I assume is bad fuel (have not had the chance to cut the second one open yet). Would I not get the gimpy motor and surging if I ran another inline filter on the beast? kind of filter it prior to making it to the engine bay?

Or should I just make sure I add the Anti-Gel to the B20 I am getting, prior to it freezing?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Biodiesel, even low percentages, will "clean out" the sludge in your tank/fuel lines. Depending on the deposits in your tank, you should expect your filter to clog soon after using Bio diesel. For some people it never happens, others may replace one or two. After that, your tank is clean and it won't happen anymore.

As for adding a "pre filter" do a search on nicktane filters. This is a very thorough filtering system using a larger and better filter made by cat.

Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EricJS;1575140;1575140 said:
Biodiesel, even low percentages, will "clean out" the sludge in your tank/fuel lines. Depending on the deposits in your tank, you should expect your filter to clog soon after using Bio diesel. For some people it never happens, others may replace one or two. After that, your tank is clean and it won't happen anymore.

As for adding a "pre filter" do a search on nicktane filters. This is a very thorough filtering system using a larger and better filter made by cat.

Good luck.
I have 2500 miles on the truck... your telling me that in that time I would have enough sludge in the tank and lines to clog one up?!

·
Registered
594 Posts
:eek:Not likely with only 2500 miles on it. Not 2 filters for sure.

Possibility you could have picked up a tank of bad fuel, though.:cool:

Did you check out the nicktane filter site on this forum? I haven't had any problems, but I'm seriously thinking about a system like that. Those should be stock items for these trucks!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Consider a pump/filter combo. The Bio is tougher to flow and adding some supply psi will go a long way. If you fuel is gelling or plugging you'll need to address this, but psi will help.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Kennedy;1576936; said:
Consider a pump/filter combo. The Bio is tougher to flow and adding some supply psi will go a long way. If you fuel is gelling or plugging you'll need to address this, but psi will help.

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)
I see in this picture there are nipples on the ends of the setup. what is the correct way to connect this into the existing factory steel fuel line? should the factory line be cut and 1/2" compression fittings with nipples be added and then put a hose between? I am a little lost and have not got an answer on the correct way to do this.....:eek::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.