Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the DPPI dual exhaust on their truck? How does it look? How does it sound? How's the performance?

I'm looking for exhaust and saw the kit they sell. I'm trying to lower my EGT's and get a little better sound. I know the single 4" would work great but I just like to be different. But I don't want the duals if it does not perform as good as a single 4".

Jesse

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
GreenDuramax04,

The performance is a little bit (I mean a little bit) better than the singles. You get a tad more HP and a tad less EGT with the duals. Remember I said a tad, it sure looks great though, really surprises the traffic on both sides of you when you stand on her from a stop light too!!!

Mark @ DPPI

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I've seen one in the box, looks real good. I don't see where you would get any difference in performance over a single pipe. Just like a 4-5 system it's more for looks than anything...

Ox

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered the DPPI SS kit. Hope to have it soon.

Jesse

·
Registered
184 Posts
Has anyone ever looked at taking a "complete" discarded stock exhaust and used it to create a dual exhaust set-up. It seems everyone going for an aftermarket exhaust has a pretty good, stainless steel exhaust system just laying around collecting dust.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
MaineMax,

Guess you could but you would have to modify the muffler somehow to have two outlets and then fab up a drivers side tail pipe etc to work. You would still be left with non mandrel bends and a much smaller diameter tubing and the restrictive factory muffler.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
184 Posts
what if you fabricated a "Y" pipe that would bolt to the downpipe and then somehow attach the second stock exhaust to it. You would then have two complete 3.5" exhausts systems???

·
Registered
270 Posts
I doubt if the dual would increase, performance over a large, single exhaust system although,

I believe the sound of the throaty dual would sound better,
at least to me it would.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Melvin Hatcher said:
I believe the sound of the throaty dual would sound better,
at least to me it would.

It's like having two speakers

·
Registered
270 Posts
<TABLE height=53 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="98%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=middle height=17></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=middle height=39></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="98%" align=center bgColor=#999999>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE height=147 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#fefefc background="">
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=text vAlign=top>

Hi Diesel 5,

Is your system loud or does it drone on the highway?

I plan to order my Duramax this weekend or first thing next week.

I need to check out whether or not I prefer the folding mirrors or the extending mirrors.

Also I am considering the snowplow option but, uncertain if it would affect the ride quality.
</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="98%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=middle height=49></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
611 Posts
Its not loud, it does sound sweeeet.

As far as the drone (a continuous low dull humming sound), I can't hear that on my truck.

May be you ment moan A low, sustained, mournful cry, usually indicative of pleasure.

She does moan and it only makes me drive her harder
Edited by: DIESEL 5

·
Registered
103 Posts
One word, cha-ching. Is that one word? Is that even a word? Or is it just large exhaust envy talking.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope to have my DPPI duals by the weekend....All this talk of how sweet the dual exhaust sounds is giving me a.....well, wood-e. I think I'll leave the moaning to my wife.

Jesse

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
MaineMax,

True but flow is held back by the most restricted part of the system, in the case of what you're thinking about you'd still have non mandrel bent 3.5 inch tubes. It will be better than stock but not as good as a system with bigger mandrel bent etc etc

It's the old potatoe story, fix this and the next bad spot needs fixing then the next one and the next etc.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 15 of 15 Posts