Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I've been running my Isspro right and my Edge Attitude left for a while (until my Attitude crapped out). The left seems to run cooler and cool off faster (but that could be a characteristic of the Attitude LCD display versus the Isspro electro-mechanical gauge on the cooloff). Others have reported seeing a similar temperature mismatch on the left, and it's assumed it has something to do with the restriction at the rear of the left manifold. Haven't heard anything from anybody with the new BD left manifold replacement. I'm waiting for my EFI live software to arrive and probably will be going without the Edge soon. I was planning on pipe-plugging my driver's manifold and going A-pillar only. I did see a very neat twin-needle pryro gauge somewhere a couple years ago. That might happen someday in the future.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Isspro makes a twin pyro in 1 gauge, but the numbers are really small.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
How about this marine gauge (for diesel, too!)

That's available from Livorsi Marine

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/specialty.htm#PYROMETERS_EGT_(Exhaust/Gas/Temprature)

Too bad it starts at 600 degrees, but the 1000 to 1200 "caution" range is right in the middle, so it would be easy to see at a glance that you were getting hot if the needles were above level, and it goes to the 1600 max that many of the "big guns" are hitting with stacks and drugs.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Autometer also makes a dual-channel EGT gauge that uses a switch to take readings from the separate probes. I believe it's a 2 5/8" gauge though.

Westach also makes multi-channel EGT gauges.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I used to run two EGT guages, with one from each manifold. SPA guage and Edge Attitude display. Ditched the Attitude once I got the Extreme.

Anyway, accounting for probe thickness, both manifolds tracked each other very well.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it would be perferable to have a boost, egt, and a fuel pressure (where do you pick up the pressure from?) and a oil temp?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I currently run the right on my Autometer and was planing on running the left on the Attitude but now am looking into the EFI Live so I might have to add another gauge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.