Diesel Place banner

Dual alt kit now avail

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Terry 
#1 ·
Put togather a kit for those of you who want to add a dual alt to your trucks. The pieces are all oem so it will look stock, no cobbeling(sp?) needed. Prices as follows:

Kit $120.00. includes brackets, bolts, wiring, connectors, pulleys and belt.

Alt 105 amp 200.00 includes core
Alt 130 amp 235.00 includes core

I will include all the wiring premade with oem terminals, you will have to tie into the pcm connector just as you do for the high idle wire. Full instructions included. See my "best prices" link for more stuff! I update it almost daily so be sure to check back often.

EricEdited by: dmaxalliTech

#2 ·
Wow cool Eric. I'll keep this in mind for a future project.

How about a OD lock out kit with a switch setup to go into the panel opening next to the radio on the 2001's??

#4 ·
Yea, the airbag switch, that's the ticket.

I've seen a panel that fits there with switches that go into it. I'd love a OD lockout kit wired into a switch in that panel.

BTW, where is your best prices page posted?? Also how do we return a core on a alternator when we are adding a new one.
Edited by: FirstDiesel

#6 ·
Larry: Also how do we return a core on a alternator when we are adding a new one

Eric: Larry, to return the core, just send it back, ups or mail... no big deal

I believe the question is, how does one return a core when there is not one to return.
The goal is to add a second alternator, meaning the original remains attached to the engine and is not returned.

#7 ·
the ponz said:
I believe the question is, how does one return a core when there is not one to return.
The goal is to add a second alternator, meaning the original remains attached to the engine and is not returned.
I think that one should have his morning coffee before trying to answer a simple question... Thats a huge DUH on my part
I suppose there would be no core to return...
Looks like you have to buy the core too!

Eric

#8 ·
I figured that, was just being a little sarcastic too.

Is there a way from the options list in the glovebox to tell which alternator you have and can you mix the sizes or do they have to match??Edited by: FirstDiesel

#9 ·
I am getting ready to put 2 12" subs in my truck for my radio. The speakers are going to use a 1000 watt amp and it will use alot of power. If I buy a duall alt. kit sould I buy the bigger alt first and buy your bigger kit or would the smaller alt be enough? I am guessing that my truck has the smaller alt from factory but I think I will need a duall alt kit to feed it power.

#13 ·
I figured I'd have the smaller unit and that it was smarter to match them but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks

#14 ·
FWIW,

I'm pretty sure that two low amp rated alt's will put out more power at lower rpm's than one big one at lower rpm's. In other words two small alt's will produce more power at the rpm levels that we are at most of the time than one big one would

#15 ·
Maverick said:
I belive the other (130) was only avaliable on Snow Plow Prep trucks. All others had a 105 from the factory. My 3500 had a 130 cause I had a Plow Pack. My 2500 had a 105 so I added a second 105.

Ok since you added the second alt. maybe you
can answer my question since my "kit" did
not include any instructions (and I don't
have a Helm manual yet either).

Which PCM or BCM terminal does the white
"turn on" wire from the second alternator connect to?

FWIW, I plan on doing the "high idle" wire install at
the same time too so hopefully they are in the
same connector....

Thanks for any insight,

T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.